Social Media Editor - Retail
- Head Office, Eastbourne
- Competitive salary plus pension and benefits
- Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
Social Media Editor – Retail, Head Office, Eastbourne
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Competitive Salary plus benefits
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and creative Social Media Editor to join our Retail Development team based at Head Office in Eastbourne. You will play a key role in growing our social media presence by creating and publishing engaging and innovative content for our Wallpaperdirect.co.uk and Designerpaint.co.uk websites. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is highly motivated, creative thinking and dedicated to producing high quality work.
Working closely with the Retail Development Manager and wider Marketing team you will be supporting and implementing the Company’s social media strategy by promoting multiple retail brands, products and services across our websites. This will be achieved by creating campaigns, liaising with suppliers, analysing trends, platforms and industry blogs etc, monitoring content and reposts and replying to direct social media communications.
Brewers Decorator Centres are the largest independent supplier of decorating materials across the UK, supplying both trade and retail customers across the country. Brewers is still a family-owned business with a wonderful heritage and over 110 years in our industry, which says something about our ability to understand and keep up with our market. Our digital marketing activities and online presence is increasing, and we have many exciting plans for 2020 and beyond.
What does the role of Social Media Editor involve?
- Researching, writing, editing, scheduling and publishing original, innovative and engaging content for the Company’s websites Wallpaperdirect.co.uk and Designerpaint.co.uk
- Playing a part in creating and developing social media campaigns to work alongside and independently to the Company’s traditional marketing activities
- Maintaining a consistent voice and approach across our platforms
- Working with suppliers as well as internal departments to coordinate targeted social media campaigns to promote specific brands or content
- Analysing social media activity and reporting on trends, competitor activity to ensure relevancy and identify areas for development or improvement where appropriate
- Responding to any direct social media communications which may include some out of office hours work in certain circumstances
- Building relationships with and reaching out to industry influencers, bloggers and journalists to form a base of brand advocates
- Developing a wealth of product and industry knowledge to be able to contribute confidently towards online conversations
- Overseeing and growing our affiliate marketing programme
Who we are looking for to join the team:
- Previous experience in writing and editing content for Social Media platforms, preferably in a retail background or for a retail brand
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing including spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Exceptional attention to detail skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately to a high standard with a ‘right first time’ approach
- An understanding and awareness of the challenges of B2B social media marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to an intermediate level including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and happy to learn and embrace new software and technologies
- Keen to learn about our industry and develop product knowledge to be able to communicate confidently with our online audience
- Enjoys working and supporting a team with the initiative to work as an individual at all times
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality
- Excellent organisational skills
Alongside a competitive salary you will also receive:
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with service
- Free life assurance
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Pension plan through Legal & General
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous staff discounts
If you believe your skills are suited to this role, and would welcome the challenge of joining our team, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to complete our required application form.
This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment or receive a high number of applicants.