Imagine….you’re working as a Digital Marketing Manager in central Brighton. You’re given the freedom to make the role your own, with support from our CMO, sales and marketing team. You’re autonomous and hands-on, bringing creativity and new ideas that are not only welcomed but celebrated.
At the moment you’re working from home and it's no problem, because the company’s forward thinking, mature and flexible approach to remote working makes it an absolute breeze. Your new team can’t wait to meet you virtually, and when you can meet in person, you’re sitting with them in an office located on the 9th floor with stunning views of the sea and the South Downs.
You’ll have the option to work flexibly, whether that be remotely or in the office, and when you do come in, you’re both amused and mildly irritated by the temperamental lift (it all depends if you get stuck in it...which is rare). But you know what? It’s not that much of a deal because it’s more than outweighed by the company’s inclusive culture and desire for your working day to be inspiring, fulfilling and productive.
If you’ve been searching for a Digital Marketing Manager role in the centre of Brighton….You’ve found it.
Who we are and what we’ll offer you
Bright is the company behind Asset Bank and Dash. We are an established agile software company and Digital Asset Management (DAM) specialist based in Brighton and we are proud to work with over 800 global clients including 20 FTSE 100.
We offer Digital Asset Management solutions which help brand managers, marketers and digital asset specialists organise, control and share their images, videos and other digital files.
You will be joining the Bright brand marketing team with responsibility for managing lead acquisition for our Asset Bank product.
We have focused strongly on creating good communication channels and still have daily check-ins, lots of online meetings and use a variety of tools to stay connected. We’ve been working hard to retain our company culture to ensure our teams feel connected to Bright and we’re putting the same emphasis on work/life balance, fulfilling, productive and enjoyable work - just as we did before when we were office based.
We offer a range of great benefits including a supportive & collaborative work environment, 25 days holiday, flexible work hours, income protection and monthly wellness contribution. In normal times, we have company funded outings, monthly lunch club, treats, and drinks after 4pm on Friday. We are doing as many of these things virtually and will revive others when we can. We’re particularly proud of our profit share scheme that ensures every member of the team benefits from our success.
Our supportive leadership style means you get to make your own decisions and take responsibility for your own approach to work. As a result, we have very motivated, committed and energetic people who can make a real difference to what we do and how we do it.
What we are looking for?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and capable digital marketer who can easily showcase their previous successful experience. You’ll have a strong understanding of current digital marketing tools & strategies as well as the hands-on experience to back this up. You’ll be data-driven and all about the numbers, which you’ll use this to inform your decision making. The ability to lead, manage and optimise integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution is an essential part of this role.
Whilst being supported by the team & mentored by our CMO, you’ll have the freedom to manage your day and workload. It’s important to us that you really have a passion for digital marketing and so we’d love to hear from you if you have an active interest in your field, keeping up to date with the latest trends, events and ideas to promote knowledge sharing and development of the team.
What you will be responsible for
Owning the digital marketing strategy for Bright and Asset Bank and implementation including:
- Experience of planning and executing digital marketing campaigns, game-ifying content, and working with the Content and Communications Manager to create a full funnel for Bright.
- Experience of creative or unusual campaigns, both in design as well as creative thinking.
- Managing reporting and analytics through GA and Hubspot, and interpreting data from these campaigns in order to drive improvements
- SEO, technical and content, including keyword research, optimisation and working with the Content Manager to support the content strategy and to develop our presence in SERPS
- Managing our CRM and increasing our marketing database and nurturing activities, including emails and automation programmes
- Working with our agency on website design, incorporating conversion knowledge and onsite messaging.
- Paid search, display advertising, paid social and other paid activities to drive leads and opportunities for our sales team
- Measuring and reporting on performance and assessing against agreed goals (ROI and KPIs) at campaign level and at channel level
- Onsite customer experience, developing funnels to achieving brand awareness and acquisition goals
- Research and test new new online media opportunities and channels that may benefit the business including mobile, additional social channels, development of blogs and forums etc
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data
- Have overall responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing
- Brainstorm new and creative digital growth strategies
Managing our website which uses the Hubspot CMS. This includes:
- Own our relationship with Hubspot across the business, implementing new tech when required
- Devising strategies & Conversion Rate Optimisation improvements on and offsite to drive and convert online traffic to the company website
- Collaborating with internal teams to devise effective journeys across our product base, creating landing pages and optimising the user experience
- Maintenance and development of the Bright parts of the site as well as the Asset Bank product pages in collaboration with stakeholders
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints
It’s essential that you are hands-on in operating tools such as Google Analytics (Organic SEO & PPC), SEMRush, Hubspot, design tools (Canva, Photoshop) and social channels to enable you to optimise spend, analyse campaign performance and identify opportunities for customer acquisition.
- Preferably a BS/BA/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Min 5+ years of working experience in digital marketing
- Preferred experience working in B2B Marketing and with product-driven marketing
- Strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
- Excellent written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- The capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Position type: Permanent
Salary range: £35k-£55k Benefits + Profit share