Come work at the good times factory!
At MAG we have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. We are about 90 friendly people working in our offices in Stockholm and Brighton. Each team owns its respective game and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to make a great impact and get a lot of ownership within a positive environment.
In order to drive innovation and learning within the company, we have monthly hackathons during which everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games. We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity make great entertainment, and this is how we nicknamed ourselves The Good Times Factory. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
You will work on the new hit game Wordzee in our Brighton office.
Check-out Wordzee here: https://www.maginteractive.com/games/wordzee/
Wordzee was launched in November 2019 and since then the game’s results have surpassed even our hopes and expectations! We believe that the look and feel of the game has a huge part to play in the success of the title and this is why we are looking to continue to create new awesome visuals and effects for the game to delight our users...and this is where you come in!
Your skills with particle effects and shaders will help us to elevate Wordzee to the next level! We work with Unity, so if you have some serious skills within Unity and you know how to build your own shaders and create impressive particle effects, then this is the role for you.
Our game team sizes are fairly small which means you’ll be exposed to other challenges within the role and we hope you’ll love getting involved in UX game design discussions along with the rest of the team. This is an opportunity to really test out your ideas, we love to try new things and we recognise that in order to be successful, we have to fail sometimes.
- Help define the look and feel of Wordzee using shaders and awesome particle effects.
- You will work closely with the game artists and developers to help improve the game across the board, with particular focus on visuals, UI and UX.
- Keeping up to date with new tools and features in Unity
- Suggest ways to improve process, asset pipelines and other Unity tooling.
- Good at communicating within your team as well as external stakeholders such as marketing, server and BI
- Self-motivated and takes the initiative for change and problem-solving
- Team player who appreciates giving and receiving feedback
- Participation in the full development process from ideation, to live-operations
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years using Unity and C#
- Strong experience creating Unity Particle effects
- Strong competency in developing shaders (via code or visual editor)
- A flair for identifying and improving the visual and UX aspects of a game
- Strong interest and ability to create tools to aide artist and developer workflows
- Has working knowledge of mobile game development (iOS and Android)
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Fluent in English
- A keen eye for detail on what looks and feels good
- A love for games!
What we offer
- Generous bonus program
- Flexible work hours
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Gym allowance
- Favourable pension and insurance package
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & development budget per employee to go towards courses and professional development (£3,000 or 30,000 SEK per year)
- Monthly after work socials
We provide a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works at MAG, or with MAG, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, and age.
We are MAG Interactive – a mobile gaming company built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more. And Players agree! Our games have been downloaded more than 280 million times, and we are proud to say that Ruzzle is one of the most played mobile word games ever made.
We are all part of a creative, positive, and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top-notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Wordbrain was selected Best of Google Play and Ruzzle and Ruzzle Adventure were both selected Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the # 1-word game spot in over 100 countries!