Are you the world's biggest fan of video games...
...but don’t have the experience often required to break into a career in the games industry?
Getting your foot in the door can be difficult, and we understand! We can train for expertise (and you’ll have the opportunity to learn from the best!), however, what Sprung Studios is really looking for in this Junior UX/UI Designer role, is a candidate with a passion for video games, coupled with a strong portfolio, creative eye, and a fascination for the way things work. If this sounds like you, read on!
Please read this first: https://www.sprungstudios.com/2020/04/20/how-to-get-a-job-in-uxui-design-in-the-games-industry/
During the Covid-19 stay at home order, we will be processing applicants remotely based on video calls and a series of art tests to prove ability.
About Sprung Studios
Sprung Studios is the only established UX/UI design studio trusted by top video game developers from around the globe. Simply put, we make beautiful interfaces for video games…but, there is more to us than a pretty interface – we are a skilled team of passionate innovators, fuelled by creativity.
We work exclusively in the video game industry, and have worked on some of the best games of the last 5 years including:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Quake Champions
- Amazon Crucible
- Star Wars: Rise to Power
- Halo Wars 2
- Injustice 2
- ...and many more
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Junior UX/UI Designer to join our expanding team. This is an entry-level position; the right candidate will showcase the ‘must haves’ outlined below:
- Ability to produce high quality, accessible and fresh designs
- Fluent Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign & Flash skills with MAC OS
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Willing to listen to constructive criticism and change work accordingly
- Able to create several designs around a single idea to give choice to the client
- A good understanding of animation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Outgoing and innovative, with strong interpersonal skills
- Good sub-editing and proofreading skills
- Performs well under pressure and able to meet very tight deadlines
- Confidence to deal with clients professionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An interest and knowledge of games on all platforms
- An understanding of what makes a good interaction experience
- An excellent art focussed portfolio showing that you can create digital design and artwork in a variety of styles
- Desire to learn more about interaction principles
Note: An Art Test will be required to qualify for an interview.
This is NOT a job opportunity for someone who thinks that they like the idea of working in the games industry, but don’t really know much about games.
This is a job opportunity for someone who reads about games, plays games, chats with friends about games, dreams about games and would tear down our door to work on some of their favourite games of all time!
Please let us know why you'd like to work in games, and for Sprung Studios specifically in your cover letter - do not just send us your standard blurb or it will go to the bottom of the pile. Also, be sure to send us your portfolio, and other examples of UI art you’ve made (images, screenshots, demos and videos are best).
In order to be considered, we require:
- a cover letter
- a portfolio link
- a resume
In return, we can offer you the chance to work on some of the biggest games in the industry and travel to meet clients around the globe.
Process Video: https://vimeo.com/226512928
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care