We need a creative person with a fascination for the way things work to expand our team of talented designers, artists, animators and developers. A passion for video games and the games industry is essential.
You will be part of a vibrant, multi-cultural team and work on some of the biggest titles on the planet. Located in the centre of Brighton, our studio is looking for the next amazing addition to our team.
Sprung is a globally recognised partner for the games industry and have worked on some of the biggest games for clients such as EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, SEGA and many more. We are a growing company of 30+ people, split across our Brighton and Vancouver studios.
- As a designer at Sprung Studios you will be assigned to one of the many exciting game projects we have in the studio.
- With the support of a Lead UX/UI Designer you will be involved in seeing the project through from ideation to completion. This includes producing flows, wireframes, visual designs, presentations and working closely with our animators and developers.
- You will work in conjunction with a Lead UX/UI Designer to produce high quality, premium UI for games on all platforms.
- Take complex game mechanics and use your knowledge of good interaction design to produce creative and effective UX solutions.
- Produce professional, considered and annotated documents to showcase your work.
- With the help of senior staff you will be expected to present your work and investigations to clients via conference calls.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- Excellent visual design skills including colour, shape, layout and typography.
- A strong understanding of how to apply textures, patterns, layer effects, and blend modes to UI assets in a variety of styles ranging from casual to hardcore gaming.
- Ability to solve UX problems both creatively and using conventional methods.
- You must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Confidence presenting to clients both in person and via conference calls.
- A strong passion for games on all platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outgoing and innovative, with strong interpersonal skills.
- A desire to learn.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing a variety of designs in different styles.
In your portfolio we want to see:
- A focus on design that showcases digital artwork in a variety of styles and genres.
- Well presented and annotated designs that are focussed on UI for games across all platforms.
- Any work that has included the creation of iconography.
- An ability to create beautiful wireframes that display a strong understanding of interaction design and UX thinking.
Why work at Sprung Studios?
- You will receive an industry competitive salary and office perks.
- A studio wide Christmas shutdown.
- An initial onboarding period where you will receive mentoring from our senior staff.
- A positive working environment with fun and friendly team members who all have a desire to create exciting designs for some of the top games in the world.
- The chance to work on some of the biggest games in the industry, including:
- Quake Champions
- Injustice 2
- Amazon Crucible
- Halo Wars 2
- and many more...
If you’re interested in this position, and you’d love to join us by the seaside in the heart of this beautiful city, then we’d love to hear from you. In your application please include:
- A cover letter
- A portfolio link
- A CV
Please note that a short art test will be required to qualify for an interview.