Head of eCommerce
- Southern Sheeting Supplies Ltd
- East Grinstead
- ITRO £55,000 depending on relevant experience
- Contract Type
We have created a brand new exciting opportunity for a dynamic and commercial digital expert to join our ever-expanding team and lead the strategy for our ambitious eCommerce expansion plans.
Southern Sheeting is a fast-growing, family-owned and operated, specialist building materials distributor, supplying products nationwide. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and product knowledge. We have a team of 40 employees, split across our two depots. We are undergoing an exciting digital transformation and have plans to meet challenging eCommerce growth targets in 2021 and beyond.
This role is a vital part of our growth strategy, and we are looking for someone who has proven experience in working with businesses developing and delivering a successful eCommerce strategy. We expect the role to grow and develop along with our eCommerce plans.
As a member of the Southern Sheeting team, you will be an essential part of delivering the next stage of our growth as a market leader. You will make a real difference, your contribution will be recognised, and you will have the opportunity to develop your career with us. Our people genuinely are our most important asset – we care about their wellbeing and their contribution.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To develop and launch innovative digital marketing/sales strategies to enhance Company and product awareness and increase revenue/profit.
- To own and drive B2B & B2C eCommerce sales and marketing performance through digital channels.
- To work collaboratively with internal teams and external partners to deliver the eCommerce strategy.
- Budgetary responsibility for eCommerce activities.
- To manage all content creation activities for the Company’s website.
- To ensure all digital marketing activities are on brand and support Company strategies.
- To ensure the reliability, security, accessibility and compliance of the Company’s digital channels and interfaces.
- To produce regular analytical reports for management and make recommendations for improved performance and focus.
Specific Skills and Experience
- A demonstrable experience of achieving significant revenue/profit growth in B2B & B2C digital sales.
- Be an innovative business thinker with a customer-centric perspective, able to represent the Company’s brand, business and products.
- Have the ability to analyse complex data to drive and deliver business strategy.
- You will need to have experience in basic HTML, content marketing, and have a deep understanding of SEO/PPC, programmatic, affiliate and paid social media advertising.
- Experience in using Google Marketing Platform stack including Google Ads and Analytics 360, and SEO auditing tools such as SEM Rush, Moz & Screaming Frog.
- Proven track record of building, developing and managing a digital team.
- Be a natural influencer and self-starter with a high sense of ownership.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be numerate with an ability to understand margins and measurement conversions.
- You will need to organised and able to prioritise your time and workload effectively.
- To possess a strong team spirit, with a good sense of humour.
- Possession of a Marketing, Digital or Business degree or professional marketing qualification is highly desirable.
- You should have a full driving licence and your own transport due to the site location.
Hours of Work
37.5 hours Monday to Friday. No Bank Holiday working.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive starting salary in the region of £55,000 depending on relevant experience.
- Auto-enrolment pension.
- Flexible working after the initial period.
- A range of long service awards, including enhanced pension contributions and increased holiday entitlement.
- Paid volunteering working days.
- Highly social environment.
- Application form: SSS Job Application Form (63kb) (the link will open in a new window)