JUNIOR ARTWORKER / MARKETING ASSISTANT
This is a hybrid role for someone looking to work in the exciting and fast paced sporting events industry. The Grounded Events Company, organisers of mass participation events, including the Brighton Marathon Weekend and Ragnar Relay UK, is looking for a Junior Artworker / Marketing assistant.
The right person will have artworking experience but have a keen interest to learn and develop their marketing skills. You will be responsible for preparing and building digital and print assets for large scale campaigns. You will produce accurate and high-quality print and digital artwork ready to be released to a global audience.
You will work closely with our Head of Brand and senior marketing team to create and deploy campaigns across our digital platforms, social media and printed assets and merch. We work with the nation’s top charities – you will be responsible for managing the execution of brand comms for our events as well as partner charities.
On top of possessing good oral, interpersonal and strong organisational skills, you must be able to work in a fast-paced, innovative events environment and adhere to tight deadlines whilst still delivering work to the highest standards.
- Assist the Head of Brand and the marketing team in the artworking of digital and print assets: ads, banners, reports and presentations adhering to set brand templates
- Liaise with Project Management and Studio Manager on file preparation and delivery
- Act as a brand guardian – always ensure brand guidelines, QC checklists and procedures are followed
- While honouring the design, you will be responsible for the iteration and versioning of high-quality print and digital artwork
- Work with the senior marketing team to assist with the artworking for key pitch presentations, external email campaigns including set up and asset creation within Marketing Cloud
- Liaise with clients as and when necessary
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years of industry experience, preferably in a marketing / artworking role
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) or Sketch
- Working knowledge of Marketing Cloud ideal but not essential as training can be given
- Portfolio which demonstrates proficiency in artworking of digital and print assets: ads, web assets, flyers, presentations and posters
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch would be a bonus
- Able to adhere to exact and established graphic production process, which includes maintaining consistency in font usage, colour profiles, filename conventions and structuring of archived assets.
- Although not essential, a qualification in a related discipline would be highly preferable
- A good team player who is able to work accurately under pressure and be committed to regularly updating skills through training
- Ability to adapt to the company’s way of working after training
- Resourceful, adaptable with high energy and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced events environment
- Accurate, excellent memory and an eye for detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written and oral English is required
WORKING AT GROUNDED EVENTS COMPANY
We are a small but extremely hard working, committed and conscientious team of people. We believe in pulling together, sharing ideas, innovating and striving to produce events of international quality and status. Our offices are a stone’s throw from the seafront and located in the heart of the city, with great coffee.
The following are key values of GEC:
• Creativity: Never be scared to make new suggestions
• Passion: Have a passion for the work you are doing with a drive to learn and develop
• Support: Embrace others views and needs and support team members
• Collaboration: Working as one team in the office and on-site, when the team expands to include freelancers, volunteers and consultants
• Innovation: use analysis, debriefs and feedback to drive event development on all levels, from communications to production and marketing
• Communication: Be open with your team to allow better productivity and a positive working environment
• Accountability: Plan, implement, and be responsible for the results
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme
- Gym Membership: We offer membership to a number of Gyms
NB. You must be available to work over all event weekends, in particular the Brighton Marathon Weekend, 10-12 September 2021.
Closing date for applications is 3rd March 2021.
Please be available for interviews week commencing 8th March 2021.
Please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also provide details on your current remuneration and / or salary expectation; and the names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage).
At GEC, we want to ensure that we celebrate diversity in our workforce as well as bringing different perspectives to our business.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. As your experience grows you will be expected to suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.