We’re on the lookout for a Senior Java Software Developer to join the development team working on a flagship product, I2E, which provides agile, high performance enterprise text mining, and enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text.
If you’re a highly motivated person who is up to the challenge and truly wants to make a difference in the life sciences industry, we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Commercial experience with the software development lifecycle including requirements definition, specification capture, software architecture/design, program development, associated documentation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Experience with typical industry tools including standard libraries and frameworks, interactive development environments, software version control, build systems, automated testing frameworks, and bug tracking systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active, problem-solving attitude
- The ability to work in a close-knit, highly intelligent team
- Good degree or postgraduate qualification from a top university in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
Bonus points for having:
- Cross platform development experience on Linux and Windows
- Experience of one or more of the following: application servers, database internals, data visualization, distributed systems, document processing, content repositories, full-text search, grid computing, information retrieval, natural language processing, semantic web, text mining, user interface design, or web services
- Good understanding of modern development techniques and practices, e.g., design patterns, peer review, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
📡 Hybrid working & fully remote 📡
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success.
We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com