Chinese Content Manager - freelance - Study Group
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 12/04/2017
Study Group is seeking a digitally-savvy freelancer with strong/native language skills in Simplified Chinese to work on a number of digital content projects. The role will involve working with translated content, populating and optimising digital platforms with copy and images, creating and editing copy in Chinese, and some translation work. There may also be the opportunity to work on other digital marketing projects as part of the role.
Study Group is an exciting, innovative, international private education company with a fast-moving, ambitious marketing-led vision. With Head Offices in London, Brighton, Sydney, New York and Singapore plus Regional Offices in key countries around the world, last year we taught 73,000 students from 145 countries in University Pathway Programmes, English Language and Vocational courses in the UK, Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
|Job Description: |
- To support delivery of Chinese language content that attracts international students to Study Group’s higher education global brands in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Populate and manage optimised website content for Study Group’s global brands, following localised SEO, UX and device-specific best practice
- Write and optimise image titles, alt tags and page meta descriptions
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing and Digital Marketing to execute Chinese content strategy
- Translate content from English to Simplified Chinese and deploy across digital channels
- Interpret a wide range of product information and distil the key facts needed to create copy that is easy to understand for Chinese audiences
- Work to precise partner brand guidelines, on a variety of projects, simultaneously
- Opportunity to work on other digital marketing projects as may be required of the role
|Skills Range: |
- Proficient language skills to native level
- First rate communication skills
- Highly computer literate
- One to two years’ experience in a content, marketing or digital role
- An understanding of the education sector
- Ability to balance a varied workload, liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Some experience using content management systems and/or email marketing platforms would be advantageous, as would a basic understanding of SEO principles
- A strong team player who can work also independently and demonstrate initiative
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience working with multilingual content
- Basic knowledge of html
- Experience working within an international environment
- Experience within the higher education sector
|Person Specification: |
This is a full time freelance role based in our Brighton office.
The successful applicant must be able to provide proof of their right to live and work in the UK.
||£100 per day
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.