Development and Support Specialist - Sussex Biologicals Ltd.
Closing date: 14/04/2017
Sussex Biologicals was founded in 2014 and is a profitable small business with two main areas of activity both of which are related to the UK healthcare diagnostics market and specifically to a small niche which is the Blood Transfusion laboratory marketplace.
The company is an ISO 13485 / 9001 registered manufacturer of buffer solutions which it provides to NHS laboratories throughout the UK and to other export markets. It also provides a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) called Bank Manager which is in routine use in 5 UK hospitals.
Due to the expansion of its Bank Manager LIMS business, Sussex Biologicals Ltd. is looking to recruit a Development and Support Specialist to assist with its development and system support requirements.
|Job Description: |
Development and Support Specialist to assist with the development and system support requirements for a LAMP based Laboratory Information Management system.
|Skills Range: |
• Interested in working within a small company, with a variety of responsibilities.
• Experienced with sysadmin and devops practices on Linux and virtualisation environments (VMWare and Hyper-V).
• Have the skills for maintaining, deploying and developing a LAMP stack based product and good knowledge of version control practices (git).
• Knowledgeable on network infrastructure (VPNs, firewalls / routers) and system configuration.
• Willing to share in a 24/7 emergency cover system which is very quiet, and hold a full UK driving licence.
|Person Specification: |
The successful candidate will have a minimum 2:1 Batchelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, potentially with a Masters degree or relevant experience.
Able to work in a small office environment with frequent interruptions. We all make the tea, and so will you.
A positive approach to challenge, backed up by good interpersonal skills and commercial aptitude.
Able to deal with customers at all levels.
Ability to learn and understand the needs of biomedical science to inform and drive development.
Experience of working with web APIs, full stack development, knowledge of biomedical sciences and an understanding of DevOps would all be beneficial.
||Dependent upon experience
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.