Digital Marketing Manager - Mist Electronic Cigarettes
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 31/03/2017
Established in 2011 Mist Electronic Cigarettes was one of the first independent electronic cigarette companies in the UK. MIST sells Electronic Cigarettes via online and two retail outlets located in Brighton, focussing on quality and amazing customer service.
Founded by a young entrepreneur with a compelling passion for the product and a flair for business, MIST has grown from strength to strength boasting impressive year on year sales growth. Electronic Cigarettes/ are predicted to take over cigarette sales by 2030, and MIST want to play a major part in making that happen.
MIST are a close knit team of 7 who all love working within a small business environment. Due to the nature and size of the business, there is often multiple projects running at once, decision changes, and new directions to explore so flexibility is key.
If you are an experienced, passionate marketer, with a resourceful nature and oodles of initiative looking to enter a fast paced, disruptive sector within a small business environment, then MIST needs you.
|Job Description: |
As Marketing Manager your job brief is simple:
1. Acquiring new customers
2. Making sure these and current customers are retained
To achieve this brief you will be responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing strategies to help spread the word about our company and drive sales. You will be working with in-place agencies and freelancers to help with ad hoc tasks and spread the work-load. These teams include, SEO, Graphic Design, Web-Dev, and Copy-Writers. We are always on the lookout for talent so if you have suggestions or experience with other local firms we are open to discussion.
You will work with the Director and Operations manager to discuss and implement ideas, budgets, promotions and analysis as well as creating and presenting strategies of your own. However, a large portion of your work will rely your own efforts, so the ability to work alone is crucial. We do not have large management departments so self-organisation is a must.
Our main areas of growth going forward will be SEO, Wholesale, and developing our Mailing List so experience in these sectors is preferred. Please be aware that due to the nature of our product, a lot of paid advertisement methods are restricted (PPC, Facebook Ads) so organic is key.
• Design and execute email marketing campaigns
• Design various marketing materials
• Work with 3rd parties to produce valuable and engaging content
• Assist with management to create promotions, offers and discount strategies
• Keep website content up to date and support SEO activities
• Management of general website appearance
• Management of our social media platforms
• Identify and research new marketing channels and opportunities
• Measure and report ROI of marketing activity, gain insight and assess against goals
• Analyse competitors to gain insights, benchmarks, and performance
|Skills Range: |
Essential skills and experience
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Proficiency with search engine and social media marketing
• Proficiency with Google Analytics and other Google tools
• Experience with email marketing
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, put forward creative new ideas and manage tight deadlines
• Be entrepreneurial and results driven
• Have a strong desire to grow in the role and at the company
• At least 2 years industry experience
|Person Specification: |
Desirable skills and experience
• Project management experience
• Marketing-related undergraduate degree or qualification
• Experience with CMS
• Proficiency and experience with using WordPress
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and SQL
|Additional Information: |
103 Islingword Road, Brighton, BN2 9SG
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.