Front-End Developer - Madgex
Closing date: 16/06/2017
Madgex is a market-leading career technology provider. We develop software that helps many of the world’s best-known media brands grow. We do it by providing them with innovative, intuitive platforms that get results for their job-seeking users and bring in revenue at the same time.
We’re our customer’s secret weapon with our technology unlocking the value of their professional audiences working with over 500 global brands, including The Guardian, Washington Post and Haymarket.
|Job Description: |
We are looking for a Front-end Developer to join our expanding design team in our Central Brighton office.
- Would you like to work with the world’s leading media organisations?
- Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic working environment?
- Are you passionate about new technology?
- Do you want to work as part of a dynamic, talented design team?
If you are the type of person who is excited by new opportunities and interested in advancing your career we would really like to hear from you.
As a leading technology company, Madgex has been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients – who include The Guardian, Washington Post and Haymarket since 2000.
As a Front-end Developer you will be part of a multi-disciplinary design team working alongside creative designers and UX specialists that build and maintain our innovative job board solutions. You will be working on a variety of client projects, delivering new sites, applying customisations and supporting existing products and services.
|Skills Range: |
We pride ourselves on having an exceptional team here at Madgex so are looking for an exceptional individual. Innovation is at the forefront of everything we do. Our team are passionate about development and love learning and sharing their knowledge with each other. If you share this passion, and enjoy working as part of a dynamic, vibrant team, then we’d like to hear from you.
From an experience point of view, you should have:
- Good commercial experience
- Solid understanding of HTML 5, CSS & Web Standards (inc. accessibility)
- Experience with git, SASS, BEM, Gulp, npm. These should be familiar terms
- Built several non-framework based responsive sites
- Experience in cross-browser & device testing, being able to diagnose & fix issues.
- A good understanding of user experience principles
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
|Person Specification: |
We are a well-established, market leading technology company based in the heart of Brighton. As a design/front-end team we are looking for someone that shares our design values…
Design for people
- Our products need to be easy to use, relevant and accessible, whichever way users interact with them. Balancing user needs with our client’s business objectives is crucial to our success.
Build for the future
- Our products and systems will evolve and develop over time, so they need to be robust and easy to maintain. Striving to make code as clear & efficient as possible to help us to remain nimble to change, and maintain performance.
Create great looking products
- An engaging visual design layer is crucial to steer and delight the user. All elements and patterns should be attractive, consistent and relevant to the whole.
Share and learn together
- Collaboration throughout the design process is essential. Sharing our ideas and expertise with each other, our clients and the wider design community makes us better at what we do.
Employee benefits include:
- Highly competitive salaries and discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 – 30 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies including a childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- SimplyHealth Cashplan
We have regular socials, well-being programmes and try to afford our staff the right work-life balance to make sure they can focus on the things that matter to them. Additional highlights of working at Madgex include ping pong, table football, Cake Fridays, yoga classes, Swedish massage and many many more.
||Up to £30,000 (depending on experience)
|Additional Information: |
Discover all the benefits and smart perks you’ll enjoy at Madgex right here: http://www.madgex.com/about-us/careers
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.