Junior designer - Brilliant Noise
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 05/03/2017
Brilliant Noise is a marketing and communications partner that transforms businesses through data-led strategy, planning and creative.
|Job Description: |
This is a unique opportunity for an entry level designer to work with international brands at a global scale. You will play an influential role in the creative process from start to finish.
As a junior designer, you’ll be an important member of our busy creative team. Working closely with all areas of the business, you will be an advocate for creativity, design and conceptual thinking. You will function as a key part of interdisciplinary teams, communicating stories through a variety of online and offline mediums.
You’ll be comfortable switching between digital and print, and happiest when creating beautiful and engaging design. You are not afraid of venturing into new areas to explore the very best ideas, and have a desire to learn new skills and challenge yourself daily. You’re interested in what drives people’s behaviour, and understand the relevance of data and strategy.
|Skills Range: |
- Working as part of the creative team to support delivery of client and internal projects
- Working closely with interdisciplinary teams, to help bring projects to life through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations
- Working with our marketing team to tell our stories, and playing a key part in creating our branding and printed assets
- Creating assets for social platforms, both for our brand and for clients
- Supporting pitches and helping to translate complex ideas into simple visuals
- Working alongside developers and creative team to form the look and feel of digital projects
|Person Specification: |
The ideal candidate:
- Is just starting out in their design career, and is looking to gain experience with an ambitious company working with global clients
- Has a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Is experienced in artwork production – they know how to communicate with suppliers and prepare files for print
- Understands social media – is confident using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Possesses strong layout and typography skills
- Has a good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, but knowledge of Premiere or Aftereffects would be beneficial
- Is a natural multi-tasker – is comfortable switching from one task to another on multiple projects
- Has a passion for design and digital, and keeps on top of current and emerging trends
- Thinks on their feet
- Is a natural problem solver
- Knows how important good creative thinking is and the impact it can have on all aspects of the project
- Remains calm under pressure
- Is comfortable working to strict deadlines
||dependent on experience. This is an entry-level role.
|Additional Information: |
We help our clients transform to a customer-first, fast-moving, approach to marketing and communications.
- Customer-first strategy and planning. Digital disruption has brought complexity and waves of change. The response is to deeply understand the changing needs of your customers – their world, their experience. Be there with the right information at the right moment, at each stage of their journey. Aim beyond the sale, to grow through loyalty and advocacy.
- Digital operations and transformation. Success in the connected world means embracing change. Digital demands new ways of working, new business practices and new ways of connecting with customers. The response is to create transformative digital operations: the processes, systems and culture to support an agile, fast-moving, customer-first approach to marketing.
- Creative that inspires and unites. Marketing has shifted from one-way communications to multiple conversations, across multiple channels. The response is to create culturally relevant communications and experiences that inspire customers to connect with a brand. Employees need to connect to their customers and their changing organisations. The right communications and experiences inspire change and unite employees as loyal advocates.
Working at Brilliant Noise
- Opportunity to work across varied teams and projects with exciting clients in the UK and internationally.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses.
- 25 days holiday a year, increasing the longer you work here.
- A focus on wellness and flexible ways of working.
- Light, bright offices right next to Brighton station.
- Beer o’ clock on Fridays, free nuts and fruit, great coffee, fantastic colleagues, and lots of exciting things coming up in 2017.
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.