Junior Web Developer - Dreamshock Design
Closing date: 14/06/2017
Dreamshock are a creative team with a collective vision: to share our vibrant, innovative approach, relentless design passion and technical expertise with our clients to provide stunning and compelling results.
With clients such as Sony BMG, Disney, Microsoft and Gartner, we have been fortunate enough to be able to work on a diverse range of projects, allowing us to exercise our creativity and stretch our technical skills.
Since 2003 we have evolved to provide the following creative digital media, design and online services:
- Bespoke Website and App Design and Development
- Film Production
- Motion Graphics
- Branding and Logo Design
- Email Marketing
We’re happy to admit that we’re thriving through recommendations and long-term client relationships, and as a result we have seen an increased demand for digital media and online services.
We are now looking to expand our team and grow our business further. We are a small, friendly, highly motivated and dedicated team looking for someone to help develop and grow the business, not just as an
employee, but as an integral part of the Dreamshock team.
|Job Description: |
Junior Web Developer
- Front end website development with the ability to both create and work with existing projects
- Understand photoshop templates and interpret them into pure HTML & CSS
- Creation of HTML Email/Newsletter templates from designed photoshop layouts
- Assist in testing & debugging new and existing web development
- Liaise with the Project Manager giving detail required and ongoing progress updates
- Assist in regular maintenance of existing clients and projects
|Skills Range: |
- A strong understanding of usability, interaction design and information architecture
- Experience with responsive design throughout mobile and tablets
- Ability to use the adobe creative suite - in particular Photoshop
- Great written communication
- Talking to clients and managing maintenance requests
|Person Specification: |
- Being able to integrate and become a great team player with the ability to work well with others
- Remain calm under pressure and work to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Has a history of designing, implementing, and maintaining websites
- Has a passion for creating functional design
- Enthusiastic and motivational
- Possesses a can do attitude by approaching challenges as an opportunity to learn
Desirable but not essential
- Basic SEO knowledge
- PHP development and coding
- Social media marketing knowledge
|Additional Information: |
As a small team, an important part of the Dreamshock ethos is the ability to help out where required and apply skills across a wide range of tasks.
In the first instance we are looking for a full-time team member, but are happy to discuss part-time and flexi-time options for the right candidate
4 weeks paid
Working hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, but we are happy to discuss flexible working times
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.