Media Consultant - Red Setter
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 12/05/2017
Red Setter is the UK’s leading new business and PR agency for the design industry. Based in Brighton’s North Laine, our team of 15 senior marketers and PR professionals work with some of the UK’s best design agencies helping them grow their reputations and win major new accounts with global brands.
Our clients are all creative agencies, delivering branding, packaging, marketing and digital to a wide range of sectors from FMCG to property, retail, professional services, leisure, travel, financial services, and public sector. Most are based in London, although some are global groups with offices in the US and SE Asia. We are partners with the industry body, the Design Business Association. We know this sector, and are well known in it as the people to go to when an agency wants to grow its reputation or client base.
We take a different approach to many traditional PR agencies – working with the UK’s best feature writers to produce outstanding editorial for our clients, and integrating our campaigns with new business activity – and we get outstanding results.
In just the past few months our clients have been featured in national newspapers such as The Guardian, City AM, and The Times, leading trade titles such as The Grocer, Drinks Business, and Property Week, and all our own sector press like Design Week, The Drum, Marketing Week, Packaging Europe, and Transform.
We lose few clients and win a steady stream of new ones, many through recommendation and referral. We've built a strong foundation - a solid client base, a fantastic team, and a growing reputation - and over the next 3-5 years we plan to build on this with significant expansion of our Brighton team.
|Job Description: |
We are looking to hire a Media Consultant (perhaps you are currently a senior account executive/account manager or business journalist looking for a new role) who will take the lead on gaining media coverage for an existing group of clients. This person will take their stories and gain them coverage in leading business titles and national newspapers, as well as in the marketing and design media.
Specific tasks will include:
1) Writing news releases
- Receiving briefings from our clients on their work
- Writing news releases, editing through approval stages, and making all final copy checks
- Compiling all imagery
2) Issuing news releases
- Using our media database to build news release distribution lists
- Issuing by email and managing response
- Making follow-up calls to gold list media targets and developing opportunities for coverage
3) Producing comment pieces
- Identifying news stories on which our clients could comment
- Writing comment pieces
- Pitching to selected media to achieve coverage
4) Finding and creating media opportunities
- Building strong relationships with key journalists
- Pitching in article ideas
- Contributing client comments for articles
5) Supporting Account Director
- Working closely with your AD to deliver to an established and growing client base
|Person Specification: |
This position will suit someone who has experience of B2B PR or business journalism, and is looking to take the next step up to become one of our core PR team.
Above all else you need to be a strong writer who loves hunting out PR opportunities, talking to journalists, building relationships with them and delivering exciting media ideas for clients.
You will have a good academic degree. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel is required, as is an ability to work your way round a Google search, a corporate website, and a LinkedIn page.
The successful candidate will:
- be able to rapidly produce accurate, engaging editorial for national newspapers, leading business titles, and the marketing and design media
- love working with journalists to deliver brilliant coverage for clients
- have a positive, fun, can-do attitude and ability to fit into a small, happy team
- have a passion for design
|Additional Information: |
The annual salary is £27k basic. We offer a company pension scheme, childcare vouchers, and 25 days paid holiday plus the day off on your birthday.
This is a role with exciting scope for growth and you will have a strong sense of ownership being part of a buzzy PR team. Since we established the company in Brighton in 2012 we have achieved an average of 50% annual turnover growth, and we plan to continue that expansion. This will create opportunities for the right people to develop and grow with us.
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.