Part-time Applications Technician - Bailey Solutions Ltd
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 10/03/2017
Join the lively and expanding B2B applications team at Bailey Solutions - an innovative and award-winning software company based in Hove.
We’ve spent the last 2 years developing a new library management system to help customers manage their library resources. Established in 2002 we have over 150 loyal customers using our library management software application. We help our clients improve their users’ experience, demonstrate their value and align services with outcomes.
What we offer:
Financial Rewards: £10 per hour rising to £11 per hour by the end of the first year with a bonus scheme for reaching annual realistic targets. Starting salary equivalent to £10,400 per year for 20 hours per week.
A balanced work / life scenario: Twenty hours per week as follows: four hours per day during our core hours for 5 days per week to be agreed weekly in advance with your line manager to fulfil the business requirements and as far as possible accommodate your own arrangements. Our core hours are 9.00 – 5.30 Monday to Friday.
Training and Support: Internal training and support will be provided about our products and processes, Teamworks, InfusionSoft, GoToMeeting / GoToAssist, Excel, Outlook and Word. If required we can provide training in SQL Server Management Console and other technical skills gaps via Plural Sight and peer support.
Beyond the standard benefits: We offer a range of benefits including: pension contribution, childcare vouchers and 24 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays pro rata.
A great company culture to become a valued part of: Bailey Solutions is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing company, with clients across Europe and beyond, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other. We hold weekly team meetings and regular one-to-ones so everyone is aware of what’s going on and can contribute.
Working for Bailey Solutions: Bailey Solutions is in the heart of Hove in attractive offices with occasional treats of fruit, cake and ice cream. At least twice a year we have a dinner and drinks together somewhere fancy or not-so-fancy as the mood dictates.
|Job Description: |
We are currently recruiting an Applications Technician. If you are the right candidate you will be an organised and self-motivated individual who is also keen to work with clients. In your role you will assist with client projects and you will be available on a part-time pro rata basis for 20 hours per week over 5 days per week.
|Skills Range: |
As the right fit for the team you must have:
• A love of tech!
• A willingness to learn
• Excellent base level including 5 Highers / 3 A Levels
• Industry experience in a technical subject matter (see below)
• Good written and verbal communication skills across a variety of stakeholders
• Good customer service skills
• Good organisational skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritise and self-manage
• A strong drive to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
• Flexibility and versatility to approach a variety of different business scenarios
• A sense of humour
It would be nice if you have experience or knowledge of four or more of the following:
• Working in a commercial software development environment within a support or applications team
• Software installation/deployment
• Using project management software – we use Teamworks
• Using CRM software – we use InfusionSoft
• Understanding of relational databases and basic SQL queries/commands – all of our product use MS SQL Server
• Familiarity with SQL Server Management Console
• Familiarity Windows Server skills and with publishing web sites using IIS or similar
• Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• An understanding of, or interest in, Library Management Software
|Person Specification: |
You’ll be helping Bailey Solutions by:
• Carrying out new client installations
• Helping clients upgrade to new versions of our software
• Migrating client installations from client servers to our hosted platform
• Helping clients make the transition from old products to new products
• Other projects and technical duties that come up
||£10,400 for 20 hours per week
|Additional Information: |
Closing date: 10th March 2017
Interviews will be conducted on 14th and 16th March 2017. Please keep these dates free if you are applying.
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.