Project Manager - DabApps
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 08/03/2017
DabApps is a growing company based in the centre of Brighton. We concentrate on web and mobile application development, and are passionate about producing high-quality work that we and our clients can be proud of. We value collaboration and aim to provide a fun, friendly and inclusive environment to work in.
|Job Description: |
As DabApps continues to expand we need to grow our skills base. We're looking for a candidate to join our small team of Project Managers who can help us manage the many client projects that we are undertaking simultaneously.
- Project Management – acting as the lead PM on a number of exciting projects you will be the key liaison between internal and external/client teams. Using predominantly Agile methodolgies (e.g. scrum) but with flexibility for specific client and project requirements.
- Account Management – working with our clients, keeping them up to date with project status and documenting new requirements etc.
- Product Owner – really understanding the products we develop and working with the client and the development team to come up with a better and more effective user experience and functionality for the products.
- Managing a number our key client relationships, from on-boarding through to project go-live. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the relationship, keeping them up to date of project status and partnering with them to document new product requirements and manage expectations.
- Generally helping us run the business more effectively. This may involve looking at internal processes, collecting metrics, marketing, helping out testing a project etc.
|Skills Range: |
Below is a list of core skills we are looking for.
- Highly organised.
- Standout presentation skills (in person and on Skype etc).
- The ability to quickly pick up new concepts or businesses objectives and simplify them.
- Good IT skills. Able to write clear presentations, documents etc.
- Technical confidence (i.e can you explain the difference between a web app, a mobile app and a hybrid app, what is AWS?).
- Experience of working on client facing projects and liaising directly with clients.
- Agile development – primarily Scrum (Scrum master experience would be helpful).
Expertise – Desirable
- Business Analysis.
- User experience analysis and design, prototyping.
|Person Specification: |
The role will be varied and you will need excellent prioritisation and decision making skills. You will need to be able to work effectively in a team-based agile environment, as well as playing a part in the growth and direction of the company as a whole.
It is not imperative to be a hands-on technical expert but we would expect you to understand high level technical concepts immediately and be able to drill into details when required (and with help).
The role is based in our central Brighton office but there would be travel to offsite meetings on a regular basis.
|Additional Information: |
What are we offering you?
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- A chance to join a growing company and help drive DabApps as we expand
- 25 days paid holiday – plus paid bank holidays
- Flexible working hours – inside core office hours
- A great working location in the heart of Brighton
- Encouragement and support to take part in Brighton's vibrant creative and digital communities. We have links with the Universities and we're involved with the Brighton Python User Group
- Pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- Regular training and conference opportunities – in-house and external
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.