Sales Executive - The Student Room Group
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 16/06/2017
The Student Room Group Ltd. (TSR) is home to more than 3.5 million members and over 6 million unique visitors a month for our websites thestudentroom.co.uk, GetRevising.co.uk and MarkedbyTeachers.com. We are where students connect and are by far the largest student community in the UK!
Our thriving community of students support each other with everything from GCSEs through to jobs. Whether it’s getting help with their studies, choosing a university, their A-level subjects, a new laptop, what career to pursue or questions regarding health and relationships – learning from the experiences of other students on TSR is invaluable. We also offer fantastic social e-learning tools.
|Job Description: |
As a member of our Sales team, you will work closely with key account managers by owning the responsibility for the management, and revenue delivery, of an education based sales territory.
You will be building strong and long lasting relationships with clients to ensure that they are receiving the attention they deserve. You will develop smaller accounts, and opportunities with non-spending clients, whilst helping us to continue building our position as experts within social media engagement (it’s much more than selling banners & buttons).
The Student Room's product range is a blend of traditional online advertising, social media engagement and research products, helping our clients connect to our booming online youth community. We are a fast-growth business with a committed and talented team at our heart.
|Skills Range: |
• Proactively drive sales from new and existing clients to achieve and exceed all targets (individual, team and/or department - financial and non-financial). This will be through incoming calls/emails, research, known contacts, cold calls and networking
• Develop, create and maintain excellent working relationships with key decision makers across clients, advertising agencies and Programmatic Trading Desks
• Ensure a rolling and clearly defined list of key prospects within given territory
• Ensure you effectively implement, update all CRM and sales activity logs
• Ensure that other internal and external stakeholders are kept informed around any relevant activity or market feedback
• In conjunction with our client services team, ensure efficient management of clients campaigns from start to finish
• Develop and maintain good levels of market knowledge/leads through gathering intelligence, feedback etc.
• Help develop and deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that deliver a clear message to all our existing and prospective clients
|Person Specification: |
This is a fantastic opportunity to build a great career in sales. We will support you to develop your skills and knowledge, but to begin with we are looking for some of the following –
• Experience of working in digital and online media sales in fast growth, competitive environments would be an advantageous
• Experience of working with targets and KPI’s
• Previous experience in developing territory based accounts (desirable not essential)
• Self-motivated, driven, tenacious and goal orientated with a high tempo work ethic
• Have a curious, positive mind-set by embracing and adapting to change
• Socially confident with the ability to connect and understand different types of people, through excellent communication skills including written, oral and presentation.
• Be super bright, with strong verbal, numerical and negotiation capability
• Ability to work in an organised and structured manner
• Creative and curious- be prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
• Financially motivated with drive to achieve commission
• Degree or equivalent (desirable not essential)
|Additional Information: |
TSR really cares about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including-
• A competitive salary
• 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
• Your birthday day off
• Flexible working hours and arrangements
• Annual company bonus scheme
• Group Life insurance
• Generous pension scheme
• Private healthcare
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Fresh fruit
• Friday afternoon drinks
• Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.