Senior Project Manager - Elucidat
Brighton and Hove
Closing date: 12/05/2017
We’re a fast growing Learning Technology startup which is quickly becoming known as a leader in its field - but don’t just take our word for it!
Only two years after launch, Elucidat became globally recognised as a leading elearning authoring tool and won a Brandon Hall Gold Award for ‘Best Advance in Content Authoring Technology’.
Now, three years in, we have a fantastic office space in the heart of the North Laine area in Brighton and a team of talented people who are pushing the business to a new level.
We have clients all over the world including National Trust, British Museum, Comcast, OXFAM, Tesco, Franklin Covey and many more.
Elucidat is a very modern business, offering a supportive working environment with flexible working hours. We have a fun culture and are willing to take risks in an industry that is traditionally conservative
|Job Description: |
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for an opportunity to join a fast growing tech company working with some of the largest organisations in the world?
Do you want great challenges, an exciting team to work with, opportunities to build a new role?
The elearning industry is booming and Elucidat supports a global marketplace with the technology to create and build it!
We are now looking for a talented and experienced Project Manager to work with our long list of clients, delivering services that help them get more out of the product.
|Skills Range: |
We are looking for a good all-round design/tech professional with experience in managing project deliveries and coordinating teams.
The key objective of the role is to manage our professional services, ensuring that we deliver projects on time and on budget – whilst meeting the highest possible standards.
As a product focussed company, we have developed a set of services that we offer to clients and you will need to ensure that these services are delivered consistently. They tend to be short and focussed deliveries, but there is a high volume and so you will need to work with lots of different clients at any one time, as well as external contractors. This keeps the role quite varied as you will be dealing with new clients each month.
In addition to our professional services, we have large internal technical projects which may occasionally involve external stakeholders. You will need to manage these projects and our stakeholders to ensure timely delivery.
- Lead the planning and implementation of services
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Setup and manage processes that will enable the business to run more efficiently
- Identify the most appropriate project management method for each project and use a flexible approach to project management style, in line with the nature of the project/client
- Manage change requests and shifts in project scope to minimise risk and help ensure profitability
- Identify risks in a project or service and be proactive in finding ways of dealing with them
- Resource projects and work with external consultants to manage their time effectively
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Manage project resource allocation
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Implement quality assurance processes
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
|Person Specification: |
- You must be a good communicator and team player, as you will be expected to work closely with colleagues and clients. As such the role is an exciting opportunity to build strong client relationships and ensure that our client services complement our core product.
- We would prefer to work with more flexible project management methodologies such as Agile and would look for you to implement a structure that is appropriate for our business.
- Some hands-on production support is required and so an eye for good design will be essential.
||40 - 45K
|Additional Information: |
- While we expect only the highest standards from our team, we give a lot back in return.
- We are a close-knit team with the genuine startup feel (as we are a startup!) and as such there is a unique energy to the office and how we work together. No stuffy corporate rules here!
- You will join the company at a really exciting time as we start to take the first steps into the next phase of maturity. You’ll be able to have a genuine influence on the shape of the company, using your initiative and making the role your own.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a number of cutting edge, enterprise-grade customers and build working relationships with them.
- We are based in a prime location in the North Laines of Brighton, with a guitar and regular, highly competitive games of table football an ever-present part of any day.
- You get a free day off on your Birthday as well!
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.