Senior UX/conversion strategist - Fresh Egg
Closing date: 12/04/2017
Fresh Egg is a top 100 digital agency. We aim to work on an integrated basis, with our services complementing each other to enable our clients to reach their full potential. Our founders (brother and sister and best friend) are our rocks. They’re involved in every aspect of the business and their love for the company is infectious. They keep us stable and strong, plus they’ve a wealth of experience to share.
We’re not in the centre of Brighton, which means you get a lot of other positives. You can head down to the beach at lunchtime for example and not have to fight off a hen or stag do for a spot. You might still get flocks of seagulls, but without the flocks of hipsters, and our Friday night drinks won’t bankrupt you.
We don’t do office politics. We have a mutual respect for one another’s abilities and share a common goal. Once you’re part of our family we work hard to reward and hold on to you.
We have a focus on integration and are keen to continue this by cross training within the organisation.
|Job Description: |
This is a UX designer role with a bit of a twist. You’ll need to have a passion for delivering exceptional experiences to users, but you’ll also appreciate the value of using data to support your ideas and in proving their success via split testing.
You’ll work WITH our clients (not for them) to analyse, understand and solve conversion problems and opportunities. You’ll then conceptualise solutions, test them, and report how awesome your ideas proved to be.
We’re looking for a visionary. Someone whose fingers turn wrinkly in the shower because they’ve spent so long pondering and plotting the next big idea.
We’re also looking for a doer. Someone who isn’t scared to experiment, fail, or accept there will always be something new to learn. You don’t see blockers where others might, you just see opportunities to innovate around them.
You probably already know how smart you are and you’re not afraid to speak your mind. That’s something we value.
DON'T TICK EVERY BOX? WE ARE ALWAYS IN INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM THOSE WITH A PASSION FOR CONVERSION - PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.
|Skills Range: |
Conversion services strategy:
• Work closely with clients to build up an accurate picture of target audience demographics
• Use in-depth knowledge of target audience groups and their motivations/fears to construct optimised journeys from first touch point to conversion, and beyond
• Pool results from research you’ve conducted to construct informed and high-quality hypotheses that suggest solutions to remove specific blockers and/or enhance persuasive signals
• Conceptualise and design (wireframe or rough mock-up) proposed solutions that meet the criteria of the hypotheses, taking additional input from clients and internal Fresh Egg teams where relevant
Analytical and technical:
• Review various quantitative data sources such as site analytics data and heat maps to help identify where customers are running into usability or conversion blockers at various stages of their journey
• Review qualitative data sources such as results from user-testing and visitor surveys, as well as manual (heuristic) reviews, to help build a picture of what the usability or conversion blockers are for users.
• Prioritise hypotheses that are to be split tested by scoring them against various criteria in order to test and find changes that deliver the best ROI in the shortest time frame
• Set up robust split tests using a testing platform such as Optimizely or VWO and carry out quality assurance on any proposed solutions before releasing them into a live environment
• Monitor the progress of tests, interpret their results and draw additional critical insight from them by analysing the deeper segment data once tests have completed
• Use ingenuity and experience to work around complex testing blockers
KPIs and reports:
• Report to clients and internal Fresh Egg stake-holders on the progress and results of experiments (including actionable insights) in person or via conference calls
• Provide clients with accurate and understandable reports showing their conversion improvements and return on investment
• Contribute to the continual development of client reporting methodologies to ensure maximum efficiency, accuracy and value
• Demonstrate commercial awareness to leverage the most relevant methodology for the client’s specific objectives
• Maintain and develop client relationships to meet/exceed KPI targets
• Support the Head of Conversion services in preparing for client pitches and requests for proposals (RFPs)
• Provide continuous mentoring, tuition and guidance to colleagues and clients.
• Prepare and provide training, presentations and workshops for clients and/or colleagues as required
|Person Specification: |
• Experience working in a digital marketing capacity (3+ years), delivering impressive return on investment for clients
• Proven experience in consistently delivering exceptional conversion performance improvements for ecommerce and non-ecommerce businesses
• Experience in working with businesses of various sizes, including national or international
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics
• Data analysis and data manipulation skills, including MS Excel
• Background in applying cognitive, social and situational theory into practice to inform web property usability and design
• Experience of various qualitative data capture techniques, such as user testing, site surveys, stakeholder interviews etc.
• Experience of creating innovative and elegant solutions to conversion issues or opportunities on web properties
• Knowledge of a range of testing platforms and proven examples of using them at an advanced level to run conversion tests
• Experience in interpreting conversion test results and using them to make sound recommendations for improving the performance of web properties.
• Experience in presenting pitches/proposals and reports to internal team and clients at all levels of seniority
• Knowledge of segmentation and personalisation principles and how they can be applied to web properties to improve UX and conversion
• Experience in mentoring junior staff in CRO principles to improve their ability
Testing and QA
|Additional Information: |
Check out the video for our office: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSM1GQ1B7tY&feature=related
• An amazing office to work in
• Excellent training and personal development
• Access to industry events
• Use of our commercial grade in-office gym
• Access to the ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
• Christmas parties that are worth shouting about
• Use of a well-stocked Friday afternoon beer fridge
• Full use of our games area with Xbox and PS3, as well as a pool table and dartboard
• Help with travel costs
• Company sick pay, death in service benefit and critical illness cover
• Access our full benefits booklet on our website
We will give you the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Develop your career within our fast-growing digital marketing agency.
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.