Front-end Senior Web Developer - Pixeldot
Closing date: 11/04/2017
Pixeldot is a strategic brand consultancy with a single focus: challenging brands with strategic thinking and creative outcomes.
We work with up-and-comers to apply creative methods to their own business – using our brandthinking™ process to offer an exciting and proven alternative model for business strategy, brand culture, marketing, innovation and organisational culture.
|Job Description: |
We are looking for an ambitious senior web developer, with an eye for design excellence to join the team. You’ll be joining an intrepid team of creatives and strategists to help grow our digital division. Alongside our Founders and a small digital team, you’ll be working with us to create great websites and online campaign sites (think, the kind of stuff you’d find on OnePageLove or SiteInspire, or might win an Awwward), as well as working strategically with us to grow the digital team.
|Skills Range: |
This role is best suited to a developer with plenty of Wordpress experience, but has a penchant for great front-end development. Someone that can bring creative interaction ideas to each project, but also appreciates that the sites we build need to be well integrated with the CMS. Ideally, you'd have the following skillset:
- Must be a personable and engaging individual – we’re looking for someone with a positive attitude to work who enjoys interacting with the rest of the team and with clients
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of site analytics
- A keen eye for design
- A real grasp of user experience and website architecture
- Good experience using and developing for WordPress
- Good clean coding and work practices
- Experience with LAMP server set-ups for getting sites up and running
- A keen interest and understanding of web security
- An understanding of using Git and version control
- Good project, people and client management skills
- An obsession with quality, detail and testing
|Person Specification: |
The role will include:
- General development of new websites with a strong focus on slick front-end implementation and user friendly CMS set-up
- Research and planning for web projects; working through data gathering and analysis of analytics, creating user journeys, sitemaps and wireframes for the design team to work from
- Managing web projects and clients alongside the project manager
- Maintaining and assisting with maintenance and legacy projects
- Working with clients to complete projects
- Working with the Pixeldot processes, but also bringing ideas to improve workflow and efficiency
||£40,000+ dependent on experience
|Additional Information: |
As with most Brighton offices, we're very into great quality coffee and therefore have a coffee bar with beans delivered from the local Red Roaster (who we've also been working with recently). The office is light, airy and complete with beautiful hand painted murals of typography; and was featured as the design office in last year's The Apprentice for its hipster aesthetic. Situated on the top floor of an historic building, we also boast some spectacular 360 views of the Sussex downs.
Lewes is a short 10 minute hop on the train from central Brighton and has a direct trainline to London (approx 1hr to Victoria, Southern Rail dependent).
Whilst we're based in this slightly weird and wonderful town, with the largest Bonfire Night celebrations in the UK (think 80k people descending on a town that has 20k residents), our clients are all over the place. London, Belfast, Paris, New York, Nigeria, Russia - there's every chance that your job will involve a bit of travel because we recognise the importance of having a face to face meeting with clients.
Culture & Perks
We're a team of foodies - with monthly meals out to some of the top restaurants Brighton and East Sussex have to offer. Previous trips have included The Set, Terre Terre and Food for Friends and places like Cin Cin, Bincho, and Isaac At on our hit list.
There's also a regular visit from a masseuse to help sort out any knotted shoulders from working at a screen all the time.
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.