Technical Lead - Blast Theory
Closing date: 06/02/2017
Blast Theory is renowned internationally as one of the most adventurous artists' groups using interactive media, creating groundbreaking new forms of performance and interactive art that mixes audiences across the internet, live performance and digital broadcasting. The group’s work explores interactivity and the social and political aspects of technology.
|Job Description: |
The Technical Lead will deliver all technical aspects of projects. The Technical Lead’s job is to:
Deliver world-leading technology solutions to support artworks of the highest standard to engage the public nationally and internationally.
The Principal Tasks
The Technical Lead takes responsibility for the technical delivery of projects, this will include
- Recruiting technical talent
- Technical oversight: thinking strategically about the technical delivery of upcoming projects and scheduling a technical kick-off meeting to plan delivery of every confirmed project
- Acting as, or appointing, a Project Technical Lead for each project and ensuring that they deliver robust software on schedule and on budget and communicating any problems to the Lead Artist in a timely way
- Specification, procurement, maintenance and back ups of all software and hardware for projects
- Producing technical proposals, specifications, work plans and monitoring systems
- Ensuring that the Lead Artist has planned the technical requirements of each project
- Identifying new technology trends and platforms and where appropriate undertaking research and development for Blast Theory
- Supporting Blast Theory’s work in growing engagement with our audiences and building infrastructure which supports deeper participation
- Using analytics to improve our understanding of and communication with our audiences
|Skills Range: |
For full details of the position please download the job description from our website here: http://www.blasttheory.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/document_techlead_jan17.pdf
||£40,000 pro rata
|Additional Information: |
Blast Theory aims to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. Applicants with access requirements are advised to inform Blast Theory of this in their application.
No agencies please
Please mention that you found this job on the Wired Sussex website
Email this job to a friend
Make sure you’re not missing out on other opportunities by registering for Job Alerts and uploading your CV.
For tips on how to secure your dream job see our Careers Advice page.