In Brandwatch’s Product Design team it is both our mission and our passion to turn visions into working products. In close cooperation with engineers and product managers we are responsible for “not just what it looks like and feels like [but for] how it works”, as Steve Jobs would put it.
We all work across the full spectrum of the user-centric design process. We innovate, we iterate, we tackle 10x as well as 10% problems.
We work out of different Brandwatch offices. We meet regularly and collaborate locally as well as remotely while ensuring that we are always impactful. We're aligned and speak one design language, resulting in a consistent and superior experience.
Thanks to our continued growth we are looking for a new team member to help us shape, create and improve Brandwatch's products and features. To get a better idea about our products, check out our webinars.
You are motivated and creative and have a love for all things UX. You bring to the table the ability to focus on uncovering the needs and desires of our users and the strong urge to exceed them with great solutions.
Your role will include:
- Working hands-on with cross-functional engineering teams developing new products and features for our platform as well as iterating on existing functionality
- Help push visual design at Brandwatch further and actively contribute to our living styleguide
- Creating high fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes using e.g. Sketch
- Conducting user research - such as usability tests, interviews, contextual inquiries, workshops
- Creating user flows, storyboards, wireframes
- Constantly checking in with engineers to provide feedback, review and adapt
- Keeping up to date with new developments within the UX community, new technologies and methodologies that help the UX team do better work and broaden our horizon
- A glimpse of what working as a UX Designer at Brandwatch is like, can be found on our Engineering blog
You should have:
- Proven commercial experience working within UX/Product teams that ship digital services, not content websites.
- Excellent and demonstrable understanding of visual design, including typography, colour theory, information design, responsive layouts and how this relates to human perception.
- Excellent and demonstrable understanding of visual design, including typography, colour theory, information design, responsive layouts and how this relates to human perception
- Experience with building interactive prototypes of various fidelity
- Experience in designing and running local and remote, guided and unguided usability tests
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web standards which enable you to communicate effectively with developers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- We all follow a living style guide and pattern library, our Design Guide
- Commitment to writing well-tested, robust, and peer-reviewed code
- Working with people all over the world
- 10% of your time to work on something new
- Reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laines in our brand new refurbished offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our weekly massages right from the office.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.