Six months into our current residency programme and The FuseBox is alive with ideas and innovation. The opportunity for collaborative workspace with access to mixed reality facilities has been overwhelmingly popular and we have a growing list of companies and individuals now based at the FuseBox ranging from virtual reality experts to interactive artists to cognitive scientists.
The even better news is that we still have available space and if you are looking for either workspace, business support and or access to collaborators, then please read on to see how you might be able to get involved…
Who is the residency for?
This residency programme is intended to support digital entrepreneurs, tech visionaries and creative technologists who are looking to turn their ideas and initiatives into successful innovations. We welcome individuals, start-ups or those developing new digital products or services for existing businesses. To help curate collaboration, our residency programme is aimed at people working on ideas, concepts and products that align with (or utilise) our four main areas of focus. These are:
-Immersive (e.g. Virtual and Augmented Reality)
-Connected (e.g. 5G and Internet of Things)
-Intelligent (e.g Artificial and Computational Intelligence)
-Data (e.g Big Data and Data Visualisation tools)
So what does the residency include?
– Full use of the brand-new Brighton Immersive Lab*
– 9am-6pm access (with 24/7 entry available on request)
– Hot-desking in collaborative work space with natural light and great views of Brighton
– Super-fast Wi-Fi, meeting room spaces, lockers and skype pods
– Showcasing and networking opportunities
– Central Brighton location, 5-minute walk from the station and the North laine
– Access to event space for regular meetups and workshops
– Peer-to-peer support with growing FuseBox community
– Hot drinks on tap and use of shared kitchen
– Super competitive rate plus Flexible membership- 1 month minimum commitment from you
What is the Brighton Immersive Lab?
The Brighton Immersive Lab is designed for start-ups, creatives and companies innovating around immersive technology. The Immersive Lab is a dual space in The FuseBox that includes cutting-edge virtual and augmented reality hardware, high end, VR ready PCs, tethered headsets (e.g. HTC Vive/Occulus Rift), VR ready smart phones, motion capture suits and depth sensors. The lab is designed to support innovation and research and development with one space to experiment, play and test ideas and the second to help showcase and demonstrate to potential clients.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
You can read more and apply on our website here www.thefuseboxbrighton.com
Or drop us an email Rosalie@wiredsussex.com We would love to hear from you.
Check out the FuseBox twitter feed for a taste of our community!