With the holiday season just around the corner, many businesses feel it’s time to put their recruitment plans on hold. However, there are some good reasons to advertise over the Christmas period and we get to help our members recruit successfully as a consequence each year.
Here are a few reasons to consider:
Job seekers have more time to search – Over the holidays, people have more time to think about their careers, evaluate where they’re going and search for new opportunities. December is actually one of the busiest months for our Jobs Board in terms of views – with over 250,000 unique visitors!
More time to train staff – Work traditionally dies down over the holiday period so there may be more time to train staff ready for the more serious workload in the New Year.
Get ahead of the competition –Finding the best talent can be challenging, especially with so many companies competing. Make sure you take advantage of their downtime by advertising your job now so that it stands out from the crowd.
New staff can get to know the team –December can prove a great time to help onboard new staff. Why not ask them to join your team’s Christmas party so that they can get to know everyone socially and feel more settled before the real work begins.
To help our wonderful members make the most of their December recruitment, we’ve put together a festive hamper of treats for job posters…
- More time to find the right person – 2 extra weeks of advertising at no added cost.
- More visibility on the site – A free Banner Advert on our Jobs Board. Plus your logo in our ‘currently recruiting’ section.
- Increased social media promotion – Featured in our daily Christmas Advent calendar; targeted to over 30,000 followers and 6,000+ job alert email subscribers. (Act quickly only 24 slots available!)
- Free print advertisement – A free listing in Latest7, with over 100,000 readers each week; helping you reach a larger audience.
- New Year’s refresh – Bumping your advert back up to the top of the site in the New Year for a final big push.
That’s all on top of the bespoke advice, support and normal benefits we offer when advertising through Wired Sussex!
To take advantage of this limited offer, or if you have any questions just call (01273 692888) or email our Member Services Coordinator, Mia.