Member Sign In

How Wired Sussex Can Help You Access The Best New Talent - And Even Help Towards The Cost Too

We are once again running our hugely successful Intern Placement Programme which connects companies with the best new talent in the sector – and we even contribute to their salaries for the first 6 weeks!


The aim of the scheme is to help you find the best new junior talent for your organisation.  We've worked hard to make the scheme as simple and straightforward for you as possible, by handling the advertising, shortlisting, contracting and payments for the duration of the placement.

Not only is this service free, but we also contribute 60% towards the cost of paying the intern for the first 6 weeks.


LESS ADMIN We handle all the shortlisting of applicants so there is no need to sift through hundreds of CVs. All contracts and payments will also be managed by us.

QUALITY OF APPLICATIONS – We have access to over a thousand qualified and experienced candidates who are waiting to apply. Once we have applicants for your job we screen and shortlist these to give the top candidates for you to review for interview. We also pre-screen applicants to ensure that they will be a cultural fit for your company.

TRIAL PERIOD – In addition to this free service, you also get 60% grant-funding for the 6 week placement allowing you to ensure that your potential employee is right for your team.  As a company you will only need to pay the other 40% of their wage, which amounts to £688.50+ VAT (all Interns are paid the Brighton Living Wage of £7.65ph).

Full benefits of this scheme can be seen on our website.


This scheme is targeted at SMEs working from Brighton to Chichester and Newhaven to Croydon.  If you want to check if you are eligible then just drop us a line.


Interested in the scheme? It's really quick and simple to register your interest, simply fill out the short form on our website. Once you have added your details we will be in touch to discuss the process.

If you’d prefer to speak to us directly you can email us or give us a call on 01273 692888.


Full details about the scheme can be found on our website.

You can also follow the project online via Twitter and Facebook


Here are some testimonials from companies who have already had a great experience of recruiting through this scheme...

“Wired Sussex made it easy for us to review candidates and provided useful feedback that actually helped us make a decision.  The feedback showed real knowledge of the industry which is generally lacking in recruitment services.  Very excited to continue reviewing applicants for the next placement.”

Dan Griffiths, MD, Built by Buffalo

“We applied for a Marketing intern through the Intern Placement Programme, and were really impressed with not only the quality of the candidates, but also the speed and ease of the process… After a successful internship, we brought Declan on permanently and he is now a senior member of our team.”

Simon Riley, CEO, Maker Club

“As a fast growing SME, making the right hiring decisions is essential – we’ve developed a strong, supportive company culture and want to ensure that we’re building a team with the right attitude for our company. Being able to trial someone as an intern – seeing how they fit with the team, their aptitude for learning and enthusiasm for the role – before offering a full time position is a great way to ensure we’re making the right decisions.”

Claire Eden, Director, Trackpal

‘They had the easiest process, so ridiculously simple...We were so pleased with our development intern, we snaffled him up & offered him a job'

Sarah Stevens, Lead Developer, Tilt

'For small agencies the Internship Placement Programme offers a risk-free way to take on some of the brightest talent in Sussex on a short term basis. The process is simple meaning that there was little effort required from us to get someone in place quickly. Our 'intern' is now a full time staff member and we've got Wired Sussex to thank for that.'

Adam Lee, MD, No Pork Pies

About the author