Digital Marketing Assistant - Apprenticeship
About Wired Sussex:
We’re an internationally renowned support organisation for businesses and freelancers in the digital, media and technology sectors. We work with over 2,000 web agencies, games companies, virtual reality experts, film, TV and music companies. Based in Brighton, we run a whole series of cool and original events, online services and high-profile projects.
About the team:
We’re a small, supportive, dedicated & experienced team. We are based at our studio the FuseBox, in the heart of Brighton in New England House and just a pebble’s throw from North Laine and Brighton Station.
About the job:
Are you keen to be at the centre of one of the most exciting digital clusters in Europe? Ready to learn about and support our work with innovative start-ups, cool companies, freelancers, universities and others?
Do you want to work on a wide range of interesting and varied digital marketing activities, developing your creative and analytical skills in the process?
Would you like to be able to write great creative blogs, Tweets, Facebook and LinkedIn updates, advertisements and newsletters using friendly, engaging and informative language?
Could you learn to create impactful visuals and great video content for our website and social media platforms?
Is multitasking your thing? If so then you’ll be able to gain the skills required to manage and market the Wired Sussex online events calendar, workspaces, news board, website promotions and other platforms like our “This Week at Wired Sussex board”?
Your work will:
- Reach & support thousands of people in businesses, local & national government, colleges and universities across the country
- Help our members to create, innovate and grow
- Raise the profile of Sussex nationally and internationally as a thriving creative and digital centre
The skills you will master:
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Slack and other social media platforms from a business perspective, becoming an all-round social media powerhouse
- Microsoft Office, Googledocs, Basecamp, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey and other online business tools
- How to understand and work to a brief, and how to brief others
- How to understand audiences, build and deliver online campaigns and evaluate them
- How to write, design and create great, impactful marketing content
- You will work as part of our team, and will be fully supported by our Head of Member Services and externally by the apprenticeship training provider
- Your apprenticeship will last for 12 months, delivering an industry-leading diploma level qualification that equips you to become an effective and skilled digital marketing and media professional
- You will be expected to use up to a day a week to study, train and professionally develop so as to be able to achieve your apprenticeship. This includes 16 days of initial class based training on a fortnightly basis and monthly apprentice assessor visits with you at Wired Sussex
The personal qualities you will need:
- Highly motivated, literate, creative, a strong communicator and a good team player
- You will need to be very organised and punctual
- We’d also be very keen to know about your values, interests, hobbies and passions too
- Based in our bright airy, open plan studio 'The FuseBox'
- Good coffee, a superb selection of tea, an ad hoc smoothie club, the odd shared lunch and an (obligatory) foosball table
- 25 days paid holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
You must only apply online via the following link:
Contract: 12 months
Salary: £16,100 per annum, equivalent to the Brighton Living Wage
- You should be at least 18 years of age, and ideally educated to at least A-level standard.
[If you complete your apprenticeship successfully, you will have achieved an advanced level diploma qualification, having been trained and gained experience in a wide range of relevant areas and skills sets. As important, you will have had 12 months of invaluable on the job experience in a highly successful and innovative organisation]