Immersive Learning Designer
The team at Make Real are pioneers, explorers and innovators. Our purpose is to inspire, immerse and enable people to grow – at work, at home and on the move.
We believe that immersive digital products are transforming the way we work, learn and play. We make virtual reality experiences, augmented reality devices, collaborative ‘serious games’ and other tools that foster change and benefits to an organisation and people.
Smart learners, collaborative innovators and self-directed humans are the work-force of the future. We’re here to help organisations serve them, here, now and into the future.
Make Real is looking to expand our training team with an additional Immersive Learning Designer who can conceive and compile high-quality immersive experiences.
Covering a wide range of sectors, we produce industry-leading Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality creative solutions for some of the largest organisations and the world's most reputable brands, including EDF Energy, Vodafone, McDonald’s and many more.
You’ll need to provide a strong creative influence; working with a diverse group of clients and subject matter experts to define requirements, then adapt high-level content into engaging digital training experiences.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in our full digital learning development cycle, using our 4D process approach of Discovery, Design, Development and Deployment.
Day to day:
- Lead ideation sessions with Creative team and support bids/sales proposals by devising effective learning solutions
- Digest project briefs and research diverse subjects
- Research latest trends and developments in digital learning solutions
- Liaise with client Subject Matter Experts to identify specific learning outcomes
- Translate learning outcomes into engaging and relevant learning experiences
- Work with Creative Director to generate innovative and original ideas
- Be able to storyboard/wireframe to explain user interfaces, user journeys and flows
- Work with Project Managers so content is delivered on-time and in-budget
- Work closely with creative department to help bring concepts to completion
- Testing and reviewing the quality of eLearning content with robust quality assurance processes
- Facilitate/train aspects of the learning programme
- A portfolio of relevant learning design work (deployed or conceptualised)
- Forward thinking and practical experience of delivering innovative and creative learning solutions
- Experience of working with enterprise and corporate L&D teams a bonus
- Key stakeholder and project management skills
- Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-managing tasks effectively
- Competencies in the usual Microsoft programs; Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Photoshop
- Experience with Unity would be a bonus
- Experience of working with voiceover artists and editing audio (video would be a bonus)
- Basic technical knowledge of different standards (SCORM, xAPI, etc.) and LMSs/LRSs, and related opportunities and restrictions
Why Work for Make Real
- Health care plan & pension contributions
- Positive fostering of healthy work//life balance
- Energetic growth company at the start of greater things
- Decade of experience and recent investment provides stability
- Innovation and emerging technology key to our success
- Challenging and exciting development partners & environment
- Solutions driven not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion
If you think you'd be right for the role, we'd love to hear from you. Pease email you CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Excited and motivated to continually develop your expertise in digital learning products, serious games and emerging technologies
- A passion to design new innovative solutions for emerging hardware technologies
- A commercial mindset
- Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent creativity across a diverse range of clients and industries
- Confident, highly creative, conscientious with a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to propose ideas
- Versatile and quick thinking with an inquisitive mind