Conversion Optimisation and UX Strategist
Fresh Egg has built an enviable reputation for web design and digital marketing success over the last 18 years, thanks to our in-house team of curious and creative digital marketers. Our joined-up approach is delivered by multi-disciplinary project and campaign teams, each including specialists in insight and analytics, strategy and planning, organic and paid search, social, content, mobile and web design and development.
Fresh Egg are looking for a Conversion Optimisation and UX strategist to fulfill a vital role in the delivery of conversion rate optimisation, personalisation and user research activities. This is a great opportunity to join an award-winning agency, establish your career in this field and learn from experienced professionals, whilst working across a varied and interesting mix of clients.
The successful candidate will report into the conversion services director and will work closely with the wider team and with clients to define and deliver impactful optimisation strategies and will also support the growth of conversion services within the agency.
This role requires an individual who is user focused, a team player, well organised, with a high attention to detail who is prepared to build trust through hard work, effective communication and a desire to learn and continually expand upon knowledge in this subject area. We don’t expect candidates to know or have done it all, Fresh Egg is a supportive environment where continued learning and team work is actively encouraged to ensure we get the best results.
You’ll need to have a passion for delivering exceptional experiences to users, but you’ll also appreciate the value of using data and real user feedback to support your ideas you’ll believe in proving their success via split testing. You’ll need to be prepared to experiment and learn. You don’t see blockers where others might, you just see opportunities to innovate around them.
You’ll work WITH our clients (not for them), and you’ll be supported by an amazing team of conversion specialists, account and project managers, digital consultants, designers and developers. You’ll work to analyse, understand and solve conversion problems and realise client opportunities. You’ll conceptualise solutions, split test them and report on how awesome your ideas proved to be.
• Interrogate data, user behaviours and audience need to build a true picture of performance
• Pool results from research to construct informed and high-quality hypotheses that recommend solutions to remove specific conversion blockers and/or enhance persuasive signals
• Use in-depth knowledge of target audience groups, their motivations and fears to construct optimised journeys from first touch point to conversion, and beyond
• Work with designers, developers and account directors to implement experiments and to overcome and resolve complex web development challenges
• Refine and develop optimisation strategies in line with client goals and changes in their environment
• Review various quantitative data sources such as web analytics data and heat maps to help identify where customers are experiencing usability or conversion blockers
• Prioritise hypotheses that are to be split tested by analysing and scoring them against various criteria
• Monitor the progress of tests, interpret their results and draw additional critical insight from them by analysing the deeper segment data once tests have completed
• Uncover the ‘why’ behind a usability or conversion issue as well coming up with new UX solutions
• Assist with and ultimately conduct qualitative research activities such as manual (heuristic) UX reviews, user testing, card sorting, tree testing and user feedback surveys
• Review and analyse qualitative data to help build a complete picture of a user experience and to enable relevant and impactful solutions
• Conceptualise and design (wireframe or rough mock-up) proposed solutions that meet the criteria of the hypothesis, taking additional input from clients and internal Fresh Egg teams where relevant
• Create test briefs that communicate all aspects of a test to the client and to the design and development teams involved
• Communicate and agree upon the technical solution with developers and with the client
• Set up robust split tests using a testing platform and carry out quality assurance testing
Communication / client focus:
• Report to clients and internal Fresh Egg stake-holders on the progress and results of experiments, providing clients with accurate and understandable information and reports
• Demonstrate commercial awareness to leverage the most relevant methodology for the client’s specific objectives
• Maintain and develop client relationships to meet/exceed KPI targets
- Experience working in an online or digital role (agency or client side)
- Understands the core principles of UX, CRO and personalisation and how they can be applied to web properties to improve performance
- Experience with web analytics tools and able to draw insights from data
- Data analysis and data manipulation skills e.g. using MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Self-motivated to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Analytical, yet creative
- Passionate about the industry, willing to learn and actively keeps their knowledge up-to-date
- Comfortable communicating complex technical solutions to a mixed audience with varied levels of understanding
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience of qualitative data capture techniques, such as user testing, site surveys, stakeholder interviews etc.
- Experience of creating innovative and elegant web solutions to resolve conversion issues
- Knowledge or experience in using a testing platform to run conversion tests
- Experience in interpreting conversion test results and using them to make sound recommendations
- Experience in working with businesses of various sizes, including national or international
- Experience in presenting pitches/proposals and reports to internal team and clients at all levels of seniority
The most brilliant part of Fresh Egg is it’s people – you’ll see what we mean as soon as you arrive. People to learn from, caring people and people full of ideas (not to mention they can bake a mean cake). Because of this, it’s really important that everyone is taken care of and we’re all rewarded with, amongst other things:
- 3pm finish on Fridays
- Input into the company goals – we are all asked for our opinions on where the company should be headed. After all, it’s us who will be delivering it
- A structured training program built around personal development plans and skills gaps
- Regular social events to suit everyone – quiz nights, escape games, barbecues and our infamous Christmas party
- Work place flexibility – we entrust our line managers with the flexibility to work with you on what you need in order to get the best job done
- Wellbeing support –financial wellness sessions, a wellness guide, employee savings and cyclesheme access as well as activities and an in office gym
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- A structured induction program giving you the change to learn about the different functions across Fresh Egg
- See our full benefits on our website.
If all of this sounds just right and you want to be a part of our incredible team then please apply.
Please send your CV and cover letter, with the answers to the below:
- Please describe your conversion experience
- Please describe any knowledge you have of other digital channels
- Please give your salary expectations
Behaviours should align with our company values:
If you’re going to go the extra mile, you may as well make the journey easy. We’re efficient, responsive and reliable. We help our clients by thinking about things they haven’t thought about. Whenever they need us, we’re there.
We delve, burrow, and probe until every ounce of insight has been extracted. Then we think, explore and innovate until we’ve found the best ways to use it.
The truth only hurts if it’s something nobody wants to hear. We don’t spin yarns, we don’t bend the truth and we don’t string anyone along.
Having 18 years’ experience doesn’t mean we sit back and enjoy the view.
Our people push the boundaries so we can always find new ways to engage customers and drive results.
We always keep one eye on the road ahead and one eye looking over our shoulder.