Machine Learning Engineer
Essiell is a market leading, pioneering, independent software house and industry expert in travel money and compliance. We specialise in the provision of travel money and prepaid retail technology, and seamless anti-money laundering and customer due diligence solutions.
With over 20 years’ experience in the financial services market, we hold long-term relationships with an international client base of leading global travel operators, retailers, banks and department store
The Machine Learning Engineering role is a new appointment for a company that focus across financial services and regulatory compliance sectors. You will join the team during the early stages of entering a new market segment with high growth potential. The role reporting into the Chief Executive will act as the strategic R&D arm of the senior management team.
- Explore, understand and implement the most recent machine learning techniques in financial service and regulatory compliance applications
- Push boundaries in machine learning in the Money Selling Business and Money Transfer Operators sectors
- Work closely with customers
- Work closely with the executive team and developers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in financial services and regulatory compliance
- Practical knowledge of working with scalable platforms for processing huge data sets
- A Masters or PhD in; Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Vision/Machine Learning or similar
- Proven ability to deliver results in the application of machine learning
- Knowledge in Natural Language Processing is a plus
- Knowledge in at least one of the deep learning frameworks
- Knowledge in programming languages Python, C++, Java etc is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate the relevance and use of algorithms
- Ability to quickly grasp the data, associated processes and business implications
- Ability to visualise data and present core insights in clear and compelling ways
- Excellent investigative skills and a curious mind·
- The ability to operate in a logical and investigative manner and to pay attention to detail·
- Analytical ability to identify links and connections using contextual information
- Ability to identify key pieces of information from a wealth of data
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to deliver key messages in concise manner
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to manage own time whilst working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in relevant computer and online based applications such as MS Office Willingness to take initiatives to help drive the company growth
We are a team of engineers, designers, testers, troubleshooters and problem solvers. We have in common a goal of creating quality products that can enhance the travel money industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you'd like to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you!
Please email your CV & Cover letter to: Donna.Reilly@essiell.com