Customer Support Executive
We’re an award winning Learning Technology company that has quickly become recognised as a leader in our field. Founded in 2013, we’ve grown rapidly and in May 2019 we raised $4.5 million of investment to support our growth.
We are proud to be based in Brighton UK, but our clients (and staff) are based all over the world. We typically work with global organisations and charities who need to educate large numbers of people e.g. The Open University, TUI, National Trust, Oxfam, British Medical Journal, Towers Watson, Tesco, Coca-cola. Millions of people across the globe have now benefited from learning produced with Elucidat.
Are you a creative and analytical thinker? Do people comment on your pragmatic attitude and your ability to break down a problem or fix, making it easy for others to understand? If that sounds like you, you may be the person we’re looking for!
Who is Elucidat?
Our vision is to give everyone the power to produce digital learning that delivers transformational impact on personal development and business performance.
Our SaaS elearning authoring platform is used by the likes of Tesco, Oxfam, The Open University and Coca-cola produce, distribute and measure digital transformative digital learning in smarter, faster ways. We’re consistently highly rated by our customers and have a number of awards under our belt.
In May 2019 we raised £3.5 million of investment to accelerate our growth - which includes hiring exceptional people to join our team!
Elucidat is a very modern business, offering a flexible working environment, including working hours and location. We have a fun culture and are willing to take risks in an industry that is traditionally conservative (where few Learning Technology products really ‘stand out’).
This role sits within our Support and Customer Success team, where our focus is on making sure that our customers are getting the most out of Elucidat. We’re a tight-knit team who work together to ensure that all our customer's queries are resolved accurately and efficiently. Our support team are what sets us apart from the crowd - with an awesome 99% of all conversations marked as happy!
We put people first. We know that life is about more than just work, so we give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team, who live by our Learn, Care, Share values every day.
Your overall purpose will include:
- Understanding the intricacies of the Elucidat authoring tool, and supporting customers throughout any queries they may have
- Personally seeing through issues to completion, providing a reassuring, professional and personable point of contact for any customer query
- Establishing a trusted relationship and delivering high-value support to all clients
- Understanding the pressures our customers are under and support them throughout their relationship with Elucidat by unblocking the day-to-day queries that hold them up
- The role will require you to work closely with multiple teams including Sales, Support, Product Development, Marketing Professional Services.
- Plus rolling up your sleeves and working with the team in shaping and implementing new features and new ideas to achieve exceptional experiences for all our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- First line support - providing in-app chat, email-based support and screen shares with our customers. This can be anything from straight-forward how-to requests through to complex problem solving. All support queries are treated with the same dedicated and passionate approach to delivering the best possible experience for our customers.
- Second Line investigation - spending time investigating more complex issues by gathering required information, considering all variables, replicating the problem in a reliable manner, working with our engineering team to find a solution, and following this through to release, via our product development process.
- Support documentation - updating our online support manual as the product evolves and new features are released as well as in response to customer queries and other initiatives.
- Issue logging - logging bugs and feature requests in a defined, clear manner such that they can be handed over to other teams quickly and easily
- Cross-team engagement - working with Sales, Customer Success, Product and Infrastructure teams on internal projects to help the company meet its strategic goals.
- Risk identification - using a variety of tools and reports to identify customers that may be at risk of cancelling, for example, due to low utilisation of the product. Flagging this to the Customer Success Team and supporting proactive campaigns to engage with our customer base.
- Opportunity identification - having the commercial awareness, and knowledge of our services and strategic direction, to identify opportunities for upsell within existing customers.
- Testing - reliably and efficiently testing new bug fixes and features against the known spec or original reported problem, to validate fixes before communicating back to the customer.
- Be inspired, and inspiring - all our team are brilliant at what they do. They inspire each other every day, and the chosen candidate for this role will be expected to perform at that standard - showing others new ways of doing things, and being open minded to learning from others at the same time.
The ideal person will have the following skills and experience:
- Great communication skills and the ability to explain complex or technical issues
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to become a product expert in Elucidat
- Experience as a customer support specialist or similar CS role
- Experience of using helpdesk software and remote support tools
- Attention to detail
- The ability to influence and inspire confidence
- Great with data and analytics
- Experience managing expectations of customers
- Highly-organised with the ability to prioritise and plan time effectively
- Enjoy a range of different tasks (every day will be different!) and happy to try new things
- A great sense of humour! While we work hard, we have a great time while we do it, and fitting into our culture is as important as being able to do the job
- Experience working with (both internally and externally) a variety of software products, especially web-based SaaS products
- Experience working with a variety of tools and systems (e.g. CRM, Google Docs, Confluence, Intercom, JIRA, Slack)
- Being a fan of tea, coffee, and biscuits (preferably chocolate digestives, custard creams, or rich tea!)
Our company values are 'Learn, Care, Share' which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities - to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance - opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, e.g. childcare
- Central Brighton office, great location, handy for transport links
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Opportunities to grow - from our excellent onboarding process through career plans to help you progress
- Dedicated learning time - learning is one of our core values so we ensure this is nurtured within the company too, by offering you 1 day of dedicated learning time every month.
- Happier weekdays - A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, monthly socials, and events. Free refreshments as well!
- Happier weeknights - We organise socials every month and bringing together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner.
- Giving back - There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community. We also provide discounts for our software to charities.
- Everyone has a voice - We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company - a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make. We continually celebrate individual and collective achievements.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a dynamic company in the early stages of their ambitious growth plans - and it’s a really exciting time to join our Customer Success team.