Senior Web Developer
- East Sussex County Council
- £38,650 to £42,236 per annum
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
We’re looking for a talented developer to join our friendly team of content and UX experts, delivering brilliantly usable web services to the residents of East Sussex.
You will be an all-rounder with the front and back-end skills to design, create and deploy solutions to make our users’ lives simpler. Approachable and pro-active, you’ll be working with service teams across the organisation to deliver high-quality, digital services accessible to all.
Whether designing a new transaction or improving an existing one, you’ll be just as at home providing technical recommendations in plain language as you are discussing the finer points of the flexbox with fellow developers.
- Experience of web content management systems and their customisatio
- Significant, demonstrable experience of working on a high traffic website
- Experience developing fully responsive websites
- Advanced computer, digital literacy, database and coding skills
- Advanced web and content design skills
- Good written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as the role will work with a variety of internal and potentially external (partner) colleagues
- Analytical and investigative skills and the ability to properly structure information
In return we offer: flexible working in lovely Lewes, a real opportunity to make a difference to local communities, spectacular downland views, regular cake and occasional paddleboarding!
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
If you think this is the role for you, we would love to hear from you. Visit the East Sussex County Council website for the full job description and to apply online. No CVs please, we can only accept online applications!
- Educated to Degree level or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- An excellent understanding of current accessibility standards in web and mobile content and application delivery
- Knowledge of the principles of web content management.
- Knowledge of data protection standards e.g. GDPR
- A good working knowledge of Google Analytics or similar insight package
- Knowledge of usability best practice