- Identity Group
- Westham, East Sussex
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
Identity Group is a full-service events agency located in East Sussex working with a number of global brands as well as some local favourites. Our offices are located just outside of Eastbourne, with a team of over 50 talented people, approx. 1.5hours from Central London or 30 minutes from Brighton. We specialise in the design, project management and build of exhibition stands, conferences and experiential events in the UK and internationally.
Join one of the UK’s fastest-growing live event agencies outside of London in a full-time role as a Lead Developer.
Projects at Identity range from bespoke one-off app builds for live events to complete digital overhauls for our larger clients. A few examples of projects our team has delivered recently include:
- Global conference registration system with API
- Conference iOS and Android event app
- iGaming event digital quiz
- Visitor eligibility checkers for shopping centre pop-ups
Identity is looking for highly experienced individuals who want to share their knowledge with the team whilst delivering and leading on the delivery of digital applications. Superb project management, attention to detail organisational skills are critical elements of the role. Established relationships with developers and the ability to speak technically to developers and simply to clients is a must. Agency experience is preferred. If you think this description matches you, then Identity would love to hear from you.
For the right candidate, this would be a great opportunity to further your career, working for a company which specialises in live events and works with clients such as Apple, Intel, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, Formula E, HyperX and UK Government Departments.
The Lead Developer will have the option to lead their own development and/or use our existing network of developers, subject to skills required and capacity. Overseeing projects with our network of developers would be the default route for development. However, we will be encouraging the post-holder to also code projects personally where time and resources allow.
The Lead Developer needs to have excellent coordination skills as they are responsible for the management and implementation of digital products, both for clients and Identity. This includes: attending client meetings and pitches, developing digital briefs, project management, liaising with and building relationships with other developers, overseeing digital production, advising on internal process and technological improvement, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
Client satisfaction is our highest priority at Identity and the Lead Developer must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to speak to clients confidently while explaining technical solutions and projects simply and effectively. An in-depth understanding of front and back-end app development across the 3 core platforms (web, iOS and Android) and excellent technical knowledge of all aspects of a digital project lifecycle is essential.
The Lead Developer is expected to have up-to-date knowledge of:
- HTML 5
- CSS3 (knowledge of Bootstrap preferable)
- Experience in creating Offline First/Progressive Web Apps
- React (front-end)
- Node.js (back-end)
- React Native
- SQL (MySQL/MariaDB) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases
- Experience with AWS (preferable) or GCP/Azure
- Basic Linux Command Line usage
- Experience in integrating with 3rd party APIs
Here a few reasons why our staff work at Identity
- Located just outside of Eastbourne with good road and rail links to London, Brighton, Lewes, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding areas
- On-site parking right outside the office
- Two-minute walk to the train station
- Brand new, refurbished offices
The Team and Company benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic, friendly, tight-knit team operating in a creative and supportive environment
- Regular subsidised social activities planned throughout the year
- Free fresh fruit is available daily to all staff
- Pension scheme
- Transport benefit scheme
- Additional holiday after a period of continuous service
- Our clients include Apple, Intel, Huawei, Harley-Davidson, Formula E and HyperX
- Potential to travel with your work throughout Europe and further afield
- Opportunity for career progression
To Apply: Please email your full CV and covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Closing Date: 1st July 2019
The position requires exceptional attention to detail and a drive to maintain Identity’s high-quality standards, and desirable qualities for the Lead Developer include:
- Highly experienced (5+ years)
- Client facing (at a senior level if required)
- Able to speak technically to developers and simply to clients
- Already has established relationships with developers
- Project management skills
- Very good organisational skills / spreadsheets
- Commercial awareness
The right candidate must have a confident and enthusiastic approach, be a team player and must be committed to delivering excellent client service.
Typical responsibilities for this role include:
- App and digital development
- Attending client meetings and pitches
- Understanding, recording and developing digital briefs
- Leading on digital projects and overseeing digital production
- Project management
- Liaising with sales, marketing and design teams at Identity
- Managing and building relationships with our developer supply chain
- Obtaining costs from digital contractors and suppliers
- Advising on internal process and technological improvement
- Quality assurance and continuous improvement