Front-end Web Developer
Wild Dog Design is an award winning, Brighton-based digital design agency with a deep understanding of technology, a passion for beautiful design and the experience and desire to combine the two.
We are more than just our design concepts and technical solutions for clients. We are a very special creative agency who live and breathe our clients’ projects as if they were our own. We strive every day to grow as individuals and as an agency to be better and more innovative.
Our office is calm and pleasant and we have a comfortable work environment overlooking Old Steine allowing easy access to transport, the town and the seaside.
If you are a web developer and like the sound of us, then we’d love you hear from you
We are looking for a Front-end Developer with all-round experience in producing websites and an ability to learn new practices and techniques from our development team.
- Front end development experience using HTML
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, Sass in particular
- OOCSS mindset
- Experience dealing with cross-browser compatibility and CSS / JS Best Practices
- Experience of optimising for mobile devices and retina screens
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Solid understanding and demonstration of responsive sites
- Automation tools experience — npm, grunt/gulp and bower
- Code versioning experience, Git in particular
- Some basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and XD would be beneficial
- An enthusiasm and interest for all things “web”
- Great communication skills - sometimes you will need to convey technical subjects in layman’s terms to clients.
- Never-ending desire to learn
The Big Plus
In addition to the essentials, the following would be a big bonus:
- Experience in PHP development and familiarity with Wordpress
- Working with Vue
- nGinx / Apache setup
- Shell scripting
- Ability to work legacy code
Benefits of working for Wild Dog Design
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Calm, pleasant work environment overlooking Old Steine.
- Fresh coffee and abundance of herbal teas, use of kitchen.
- Opportunity for self-advancement and training
- Attendance of industry events
- Being part of something really exciting.
Please send your CV and recent work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org