Digital Communications Officer
- Brighton & Hove City Council
- Brighton & Hove
- £26,999 to £31,371 per annum
- Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
We're looking for motivated and experienced Digital Communications Officers to help us continue our exciting digital transformation work.
You will join a small and dedicated team creating easy to use and elegant systems that meet the needs of our users.
You will create clear and user-focused content across all council digital services – using content design and usability techniques - to provide residents and businesses with easy to understand and actionable content.
Fixed term until 31 March 2020
As a Digital Communications Officer, you will:
- create and update user-focused content for all council digital services using our style guide, analytics and user research
- review the work of other Digital Communications Officers and provide constructive and honest feedback
- work closely with developers, designers and departments to make council services and content easier to use
- ensure digital content (webpages, documents such as PDFs, images and videos) follow industry standard best practice including Government Digital Service content design guidelines and web content accessibility guidelines
- help departments understand the importance of clear and accessible content and why it's important
You can apply on our website.