Junior QA Tester
Pure360 is an email & SMS marketing provider who specialise in helping businesses get the best results from their campaigns. Pure360 work with over 1000 organisations including brands such as Rightmove, Virgin and innocent drinks. You won’t find a team more passionate about improving results together. Our customers stay with us through choice, not contract, and they tell their friends about us – but never their competitors. Members of the DMA, we’ve recorded a 10% higher open rate for our customers than the DMA average, leading to higher clicks and conversions for your email marketing campaigns.
We are seeking a Junior QA Tester, who is looking to develop their career in QA testing, to join our team.
QA Testers are responsible for ensuring that each developed piece of software is fully functional, fit for purpose and in-keeping with the high standards of the business. This is achieved through: consultation with designers and developers, thorough examinations of documentation and specifications, and meticulous examination of the developed software.
The job involves working with the entire development team, from the earliest stages of design, to delivering the 'Gold' product to the end user via a 'Live Deployment'. It will also involve exposure to all manner of coding and testing methodologies, and learning a whole lot about the world of email.
The successful applicant will work with back-end and front-end developers to get new features delivered to the end user. This will involve a range of different software languages as well as introducing 'Automated Testing'.
Are you the sort of person who notices every tiny flaw in the software that you use, or spot every continuity error in movies?
Do you feel that the best way to make sure you don't miss or forget anything is to make a list?
Can you give precise directions to another person via text message?
Can you inform someone that their freshly made stool has only two legs without insulting them or upsetting them?
Then a career in Quality Assurance might be right for you!
Desirable knowledge and Experience:
- IT related degree (or equivalent)
- ISTQB/ISEB or other testing qualifications
- Experience creating and maintaining automated tests ideally using Selenium
- Familiarity with continuous integration (CI) workflows
Send CV to email@example.com
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Software testing, providing system and regression testing for all software developments, including bugs and integrations with other software providers.
- Work closely with developers, product owners and the release manager to ensure that faults are resolved quickly and documented appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills, with a positive, professional and friendly manner
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change with a proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines to meet deployment schedules
- Confidence to work independently with the proven ability to own a task and work in an Agile manner
- Confidence to engage with members of the production team, the wider business teams and users proactively and effectively