SharpStream are audio streaming experts, providing a market leading intelligent distribution network that enables our clients to stream digital audio content. We provide international radio stations, global brands and government institutions with an innovative streaming platform for all live and on-demand audio content, connecting them with users worldwide and delivering billions of listening hours annually. We enable our customers to distribute, monetise and analyse their content globally through our cutting edge platform, saving them the cost and headache of bespoke tech development.
Function: Technology Infrastructure
Reports to: Head of Operations
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Type: Full Time
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated and driven mid-weight developer to help maintain and create new functionality for our products. The backbone of our products are built using Laravel & VueJS therefore proven experience with similar frameworks and technologies is a must. However, the successful candidate will be someone who has a passion for researching and implementing the latest in web/software technologies.
All employees are encouraged to provide feedback and input in all areas of work being undertaken, effectively giving you the opportunity to shape the future of audio streaming.
Your day-to-day will mostly comprise of maintaining and creating new features for our two main products :
A content management and streaming production suite, designed as a solution for managing content where challenges are preventing content publishing. This includes on-demand asset management such as editing, clipping and stitching of audio content, publishing and distribution of playlists and feeds, monetisation through ad insertion and much more.
The most comprehensive toolset for publishers to simplify audio streaming management, monetisation, analysis and support. This includes individual station, stream and user management, glanceable analytics and the ability to troubleshoot and debug streaming challenges on the fly.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ Years PHP, MYSQL, SQL
- Experience with package management i.e. Composer, NPM etc.
- Desire to work in both frontend and backend development
- Ability to create high-level plans of new features before commencement of work
- Ability to manage your own workload and priorities with the team
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and manage multiple deadlines
- Have respect for well-written & highly documented code
- Working with version control (specifically git & gitflow methodology)
- A good understanding of design patterns i.e. MVC / SOLID principles
- Report on and evaluate the success/failure of a project and take steps to improve
What Will Give You The Edge
- Experience with Laravel & Vue
- Experience building commercial APIs
- Experience with unit tests or equivalent
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other NoSQL solutions
- Sys-admin / Ops experience
- Experience with ARM-based Linux architecture
- Passion for benchmarking and optimisation
- UX & Design
- A passion for radio, broadcast media, music etc.
- A fun and creative bespoke central working environment (5-minute walk from Brighton station)
- The opportunity to be responsible for a key aspect of the business - driving a real impact and seeing your work used by millions of people every month globally
- The chance to join our company at an exciting time of growth and ambition
- Work with the largest audio broadcasting groups in the world
- Smoothies, Xbox and regular social events
Please write a cover letter to introduce yourself to us and send it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
Is this the job for me?
You will be an integral part of a team that works in a high-pressure environment - in fact, we are a team that thrives on it. We are self-starters and we enjoy bouncing off the energies of our team members. As a small team, we rely heavily on open communication and sharing in the skills and knowledge of the team.
Your ability to manage your time and prioritise the work you do individually as well as part of the team will be extremely valuable. You will need to rely on your strong documentation abilities to ensure the timely resolution of challenges and report to the Management teams as required.
If this sounds like the type of environment you will enjoy, we would like to meet you.