Learning Consultant (Contract)
Brightwave is the leading global provider of digital learning content, products and services, holding a unique position in the market and its brand has been built on its core values of quality, innovation and creativity. Our clients come to us because they know we're experts in learning. Our people are passionate about being part of an award-winning learning agency that looks different to any other. We are looking for people who share that passion.
We pride ourselves in employing the very best people in the industry and in having created a hugely enjoyable and rewarding working environment
As part of our Creative Consultancy team your role is to work with our prospective clients to provide specific consultancy services (such as TNAs or design definitions) and / or to understand their business strategy, potential project requirements and learning objectives in order to create, communicate and promote compelling learning and consultancy solutions.
To do this you will need to have significant experience and understanding of workplace learning across a range of private and public sector organisations . You can confidently identify and discuss the bigger business picture and define and propose digital and blended learning solutions that will deliver measurable ROI to our clients.
You will support Brightwave's sales team, but you won't have a sales target or 'own' a sales opportunity. You will work with existing and potential clients to shape their business case for possible projects - enhancing our relationship with them and ensuring that Brightwave is front of mind when an opportunity emerges. You will come up with treatment ideas and contribute to proposals and pitches.
You will have a passionate interest in learning and in the technologies that can support learning is essential. You must love to communicate and to build excellent relationships both externally and internally.
Critical to this role is the ability to understand our client's needs and to translate these into requirements that our products and solutions can fulfil.
The role involves a fair degree of travelling.
- Conduct effective, consultative pre-sales conversations with clients and demonstrate a strong understanding of their business, their objectives and their commercial framework
- Support members of our Sales team on client visits with enthusiasm, expertise and a grasp of the commercial requirements of our industry
- Work in partnership with our Sales team while also taking ownership for the design, development and pitching of proposal
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in the L&D community and digital and blended learning both globally and in the UK
- Conduct chargeable consultancy work
- Design and present credible and convincing digital and blended solutions that meet client needs and can have measurable business impact
- Build and extend relationships and opportunities with clients and prospective clients
- Secure, nurture and develop client 'champions' who are prepared to offer references, share a stage, partner for awards and help co-promote Brightwave
- Work conservatively with clients to produce proposed solutions
- Contribute to proposals, deliver pitches and sales presentations
- Brief internal development teams on client requirements and work collaboratively with them to design solutions which meet those requirements
- Design digital and blended learning solutions.
- You are a structured problem solver. You can diagnose the issue, frame the question, form a hypothesis then structure an approach and a work plan to solve it
- You are flexible and can adapt to new projects, work cultures and colleagues quickly and easily
- You have a client-first attitude at all times and go the extra mile to make sure they get the best possible service
- You have a clear passion for digitally-led learning in the workplace
- A team player who can work under tight deadlines and pressure, you have the resilience to deal with the challenges of complex projects
- You have exceptional communication skills that will inspire internal and external audiences with highly engaging and articulate presentations and storytelling
- You have a proactive interest in the bigger learning picture - from current events in business and society to technology trends as they relate to learning and development
- You have strong commercial awareness and good judgement
- You have a strong EQ and empathy skills which allow you to develop deep rapport and trust with a wide range of clients.
- You possess a deep experience and understanding of workplace learning across a wide range of private and public sector organisations.
Why work for Brightwave?
Brightwave is a market leader in the creation of engaging, high impact digital learning. Our services include blended learning, learning portals, learning games and consultancy; and we've won multiple awards.
We work with an exciting range of global clients representing every industry sector. Every day is different and you will be challenged to think creatively and innovate within a multi-disciplined team of talented people working with many of the world’s top brands including Diageo, Mondelez, MARS and Anheuser-Busch.
As well as a competitive salary and flexible benefits scheme we're a great bunch of people to work with. Friendly, fun and seriously committed to doing the best work we can... and you can see the sea from our offices.
If this is just the opportunity you are looking for then we would love to hear from you. It's easy - simply submit your CV and a cover letter through our recruitment hub.
We are keen to get you on board as soon as possible and will start reviewing applications upon receipt - so please dont delay in submitting as we may appoint before closing date.
- Essential: High command of written and spoken English, well able to present both verbal and written presentations to a high standard
- Essential: Deep understanding of the effective design and organisational role and benefits of blended and digital learning
- Essential: Considerable experience working as a Senior Learning Designer or Learning Consultant in some other area of blended and / or digital learning.
- Desirable: Degree educated or equivalent
- Desirable: Experience and understanding of working client-side in digital learning, L&D, HR or related business area.