HR Manager (maternity cover contract)
Madgex is a market-leading career technology provider. We develop software that helps many of the world’s best-known media brands grow. We do it by providing them with innovative, intuitive platforms that get results for their job-seeking users and bring in revenue at the same time.
We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We are based in the centre of Brighton and we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a People/HR Manager to join our HR Team on a maternity cover contract (full time). You will be working with your team to:
- Lead the implementation of a disruptive HR approach and execution of the People (HR) Strategy
- Manage all aspects of a generalist HR role (resourcing, organisational design, reward, employee relations, learning and development) along with office management
- Continue the team's great work to maintain our unique culture and high employee engagement
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience at HR Manager level
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong knowledge of employment law and HR best practice (including GDPR)
- Experience of working in a SME and/or tech company with a strong understanding of tech culture
- International experience in Canada (especially Ontario) and US (especially New York)
- Experience of managing/working in an office management function
- Experience of building a talent pool and employer branding
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative - with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £40,000-45,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We're committed to your personal career growth and we'll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.
We can't wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).
Who you are:
- Do you have heaps of ambition and a passion for people and HR? Do you take pride in your achievements? Are you a supportive and super productive individual who thrives when working in a team?
- You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not. You are creative, consistent, and dynamic as well as inspiring, supportive and a great communicator. You embrace change and keep up to date with forward thinking HR best practice.