Senior Python Developer
Here at 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. Studying the key elements that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and bringing those qualities into the digital world through intelligent decision-engine technology.
Today we power thousands of confident consumer choices every day across some of the largest brands in the UK including O2, Virgin Media, EE, Sky, BT, Three and The Times. With every engine interaction, we’re learning more about customers, gathering insights and powering more and more accurate recommendations.
This role is for an experienced Python developer within the Data team, where you will play a crucial role in designing and improving our python based recommendation system. The business is developing new products based on data and machine learning, which will require substantial new infrastructure and tools as the business expands into new markets.
You will also benefit from working closely with the wider dev team, helping to ensure seamless integration into the rest of our product. Working on our Python codebase and MySQL/Redis/Snowflake data infrastructure, you will draw on your past experience to put in place the proper foundations to keep pace with the rapid growth of the company.
There will also be interesting opportunities for career advancement, as the core product and teams are expanding rapidly to cope with increasing demand.
- Take ownership of all aspects of our data infrastructure
- Shape our current recommendation engine into a scalable system for deploying a wide range of algorithms
- Build automated and interactive testing workflows and tools
- 4+ years experience in software engineering
- Python & SQL
- Experience with scalable machine learning infrastructure (desirable)
- Experience supporting a data pipeline from end-to-end (desirable)
- Linux & Cloud Services (Docker, Vagrant and AWS desirable)
- Experience developing hypothesis testing platforms (desirable)
- Redis, JS, node (desirable)
What we offer
- A fun and creative working environment in the centre of Brighton
- The opportunity to be responsible for a key aspect of the business - driving a real impact and seeing your work used by thousands of people every day
- R&D time every Friday afternoon.
- A budget for conferences, training, and events.
- The chance to join a company at an incredibly exciting time of growth
- Work with some of the largest companies in the UK incl. O2, Sky and The Times
- Input into all aspects of the business
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- Fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, beers and regular social events
- Regular visits from friendly office dogs
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)