Junior App Developer
We’re a small, award winning app developer in the heart of Brighton.
Since 2009 we’ve worked with well known publishers and major cultural institutions to make a wide variety of apps. These apps were used nearly 10 million times in the last year:
- Right this moment a UK paramedic is using a JRCALC app to remind themselves of a drug dose or get updates on some key information.
- Everyday thousands of people use the Church of England apps using Alexa, their phone or tablet.
- Kids practice their maths and spelling with our Bloomsbury apps, they spot birds with our RSPB app and have fun with art in our Tate Kids apps.
- Maybe you have used one of our apps to get fit, or find out about Britain’s Kings & Queens or to tick off a UNESCO World Heritage site you’ve visited.
We've recently moved to a new office space and we're looking for a talented individual to join our small but growing team. We try to create a friendly and supportive environment for everyone who works for us and we do the best we can for the people we work for - our clients, partners and users.
We’re looking for a junior programmer with a great work ethic, a strong desire to learn and who enjoys being part of a team. The role is open to graduates, recent graduates and those with up to 2 years experience.
Although relevant experience is important it’s your underlying skills that count most, being able to pick up new technologies and skills is a must, whether it’s via collaboration with colleagues, through self learning, or external training opportunities. Other qualities you need to have include:
- Attention to detail and quality conscious
- Self motivated
- Enthusiastic and dedicated
- Ability to work on multiple projects
You’ll be working on projects of various sizes, from updating existing single platform apps to developing cross platform apps that include service components and API integration. We work with many frameworks and development environments and you’ll gain experience in working with all of them, at the moment we’re mostly using Ionic, React Native, Xcode/Swift and Alexa Skill Kit but this changes over time and you’ll be part of a team that is always assessing the best tools to use.
- Relevant degree
- Up to 2 years experience developing mobile, web or cross platform apps
- Ability to operate independently as a developer
- Experience working in small project teams
Nice to have experience
- Experience developing with multi platform frameworks: ReactJs/React Native, Angular JS, Ionic
- Solid database experience
- XML/JSON skills
- Working with and integrating API’s
What we offer at Aimer
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Training and career progression
- Company pension scheme
- 23 days holiday per year
- Flexible hours
- Central Brighton location
- Sociable, friendly team
- Bike to work scheme
Send your covering email, CV and links to apps you’ve worked on to: firstname.lastname@example.org