Head of Marketing
Xperta is the first internet professional marketplace designed to meet the needs of legal professionals looking for expert witnesses working for the courts and tribunals.
Xperta is the first direct internet recruitment service in this market and aims to radically disrupt the way legal representatives instruct expert witnesses.
Xperta is an exciting technology start-up designed to change the way legal professionals instruct expert witnesses.
We are revolutionising the expert witness industry through new technology and an in-depth understanding of the courts and legal professionals.
We believe that we can make this better both for the professionals working in the industry and the people that they serve.
We also like to think big and have a vision to become a key healthcare and professional services provider to the insurance and business sectors.
To radically change this sector of industry, we need innovative and disruptive marketing to drive our growth to the next level.
It’s an exciting time to take the leap, roll up your sleeves and get stuck into this start-up adventure.
Could you be the driving force behind a small company with big opportunities for growth?
About the role
At this stage, we need you to ‘get stuck in’ but you will also need the interpersonal and management skills to grow a team behind you.
You will need to be able to:
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement the marketing strategy
- Establish a tested marketing technology stack
- Innovate and develop automations to manage all of the touch points along the customer journey
- A clear understanding of innovation accounting and an ability to measure performance and outcomes
- An emphasis on continuous research to evaluate users of the site to generate hypotheses to inform the development of the platform.
- To work closely in a cross-functional team structure to identify areas of change and test user engagement to measure the outcome of growth.
- To measure and report on the effectiveness of strategies driving your marketing strategy.
- Overseeing marketing activities including exhibitions to engage and inspire both legal professionals and expert witnesses face-to-face.
What we can offer you
- Salary £45-60,000, dependant on experience
- Performance related tax-incentivised stock options. You’re in at the beginning as an owner.
- Opportunities for personal development and career progression in line with company growth
- 30 days annual leave per year
- Pension plan
How to Apply?
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would be an amazing fit for the role.
Include details of your current salary package (to be verified if successfully shortlisted).
Agencies not to respond at this time.
We are looking for a ‘can do’ individual with the ability to develop a clear vision for Xperta’s overall marketing strategy.
You will need:
- A creative imagination to think laterally about how to maximise our market impact
- A technological understanding to identify and implement a marketing technology stack to drive growth and minimise churn
- Proven success in a senior marketing role with 5 or more years of experience (or impressive evidence for why we should consider you if this is not the case)
- Experience working within an ambitious start up (preferably within technology/software)
- Innovative approach with a focus on results
- Experience in supporting and driving a brand through rapid growth phases. Both as a thinker and as a doer. If you’re past the doing stage, don’t apply.
- Proven track record in driving client acquisition and brand growth
- A team player with proven experience in managing a team
- Hands-on recent experience with the full marketing tech stack including database management and reporting