Junior / Graduate Graphic Designer
Ascender is an independent creative studio of dynamic designers, content creators and tea addicts. For over a decade we’ve worked with a variety of exciting clients using design to deliver creative solutions.
We’re looking for a strong junior / graduate creative with a love for all things design. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your journey into the design industry. You’ll be part of a collaborative studio culture, where you have the chance to bring your own unique creativity to the mix.
You will be part of a small, friendly and close knit team, dissecting briefs and developing ideas collaboratively before crafting thought provoking and visually stunning work.
Working with many different clients, on a broad range of projects you will need a positive can-do attitude, and the ability to rise to the challenges that the versatility of the role will bring.
Skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC, in particular: InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- You should live and breathe all things design and actively keep up to date with industry news and trends
- You need to be self motivated with a hunger to learn and develop new skills
- You should be prepared to leave your comfort zone and have a willingness to rise to a challenge
- Be confident with articulating your ideas and positive towards feedback
- Thrive working in a team, and be willing to help others grow
- Be able to react to client briefs in a professional, calm and consistent manner
- Strive to push yourself and the agency forward
- You should have excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
- An interest in Photography or 3D Design (Cinema 4D) would be advantageous
We invest in the people that make our studio unique. In addition to a competitive salary we can offer the following benefits:
- Regular creative catch-ups with unique training and personal development plans
- 4:30pm Friday beers (non alcoholic options also available!)
- A custom open plan studio with it’s own photography studio
- Being part of a supportive and collaborative environment with a focus on career development
- Fresh fruit delivered to the studio every week
- A day off on your birthday
- Great location with free parking and a short 5 minute drive to the beach
- If this sounds like an environment you will thrive in, and want to be part of a studio with ambitious plans for the future, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV, portfolio and salary expectations to: email@example.com
We are more interested in the quality and consistency of your work than your formal qualifications.
No recruitment agencies please.