Graduate Server Engineer (C# .NET)
Mediatonic is an independent games developer with studios in the UK and Europe. We are focussed on Live Games for Mobile and PC. Every game we design shares our ambition to entertain millions of people all around the world. Our team of around 150 designers, artists and engineers have been making games that we are passionate about for more than a decade, including Gears Pop, Fable Fortune, Amateur Surgeon and Yahtzee with Buddies.
We are looking for an entry-level C# engineer to join our team to help us build server technologies that power games played by millions of people all around the world.
Our experienced team creates highly scalable and resilient backend services built on cloud infrastructure. We take a huge amount of pride in what we do, focusing on technical quality and leveraging some of the latest technology and techniques.
We’re always looking to solve new technical challenges, whether it be real-time multiplayer on mobile or creating industry-leading tools that enable teams to continuously tune and update live games.
Our typical technology stack includes .NET Core microservices, running on Docker/Kubernetes and leveraging a wide range of NoSQL and SQL database
This is a great first step into the games industry, working with an experienced team and gaining invaluable skills.
- Build scalable backend services and APIs to power our games
- Collaborate with client-side engineering teams and game designers to determine the best technical approach
- Contribute to the full game development lifecycle from design, planning, implementation, deployment and live operations
- Troubleshoot and optimise live systems
- We have entry-level positions available for applicants with the following core abilities:
- Knowledge of server side programming using C# .NET, or equivalent such as PHP, Java, C++ or Python
- Familiarity with SQL and/or NoSQL systems
- An understanding of good development practices (source control, testing etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- These skills are a plus (but not necessarily required):
- Familiarity of one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc)
- Experience with Docker
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable software
- Knowledge of Unity3D or mobile application development
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us:
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.