PR and Marketing Manager
Hello, we're Natives. The student specialist marketing group. Connected and curious. We think student. We do, we learn, we refine, and we apply what we’ve learnt, just like students (and let’s face it, we could all be a bit more student). Impact is something to aspire to - looking beyond impressions, reach, clicks, conversions and inspiring a focus on the bigger picture. More students enquiring, applying, and enrolling. Let's work together.
We are looking for a PR and Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team based in our Brighton office.
This role is responsible for building the brand profile of Natives and our businesses, and increasing our online visibility and reputation amongst our B2B audience of student specialist marketers. You’ll be responsible for raising awareness of our brand, growing our organic traffic through original, assistive thought leadership, getting us media exposure for our unique student audience insights and delivering our annual summit for marketers, Think Student Live. Helping show the world that we Think Student.
You are a keen story-teller with a thirst for identifying content opportunities both proactively and reactively, in line with the company strategy and the evolving media landscape. We are looking for somebody full of fresh ideas, who wants to take on our inbound strategy, inclusive of but not limited to, SEO, social media, events and public relations plan and really drive it forward. The role reports to our Head of Marketing and you’ll be a manager of people, so you’ll be an inspiring manager as well as a thinker, planner and doer.
You might already have experience as a manager, or be a rising star looking for their next challenge. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced content, SEO or PR professional to continue building their career in an exciting, supportive environment. Whilst the role is full-time and based in our Brighton office, we’re open to ideas from those looking for a part-time or flexible arrangement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Using your natural understanding of how to write for a B2B audience that want to reach and impact the student audience, to create and edit content that fits with our defined tone of voice.
- Working with key stake holders across the business to identify a programme of opportunities creating an all-encompassing PR and Media strategy for the year
- Monitoring, measuring and analysing our inbound strategy, tracking the performance of each campaign
- Securing and conducting media appearances for our student research pieces
- Understanding social media, creating and feeding into a master calendar of content
- Having an always on approach and an ability to continually identify and respond to reactive opportunities as well as creating them proactively
- Identifying and developing excellent relationships with key journalists, writers and bloggers, and be responsible for developing a strong PR and influencer database
- Writing compelling copy and having the ability to get on the phone and pitch like a pro
- Managing the reputation of the business, developing and delivering an incident management plan
- Delivering our annual summit, Think Student Live, and building on 4 years of heritage to make this the best event in the UK for student specialist marketers.
- Establishing Natives as the ‘go-to’ source of information and comment for student opinions and trends
And what’s in it for you?
As well as a unique working and reward environment we also treat our staff to; 25 days’ holiday, cycle to work scheme, flexi-time, pension scheme, gym or travel subsidy, birthdays off and fresh fruit and fantastic local cakes! Here at Natives, we take care of your career. Personal development is at our core and everyone has a tailored progression path designed to suit them.
Natives are committed to nurturing diversity throughout our agency and are recognised as a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We are looking for someone who...
- Has strong copy and content experience and a demonstrable record of delivering powerful campaigns and purpose filled PR
- Has the ability to proactively identify, understand and create great angles so that our survey’s will appeal to mainstream media audiences
- Has impeccable writing skills across a range of formats, methodical and meticulous with the day to day responsibilities of the role
- Has excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Has the ability to analyse and communicate research data
- Is a great project manager - capable of seeing projects through to completion and manage your resources
- Has a flexible attitude with the ability to shift plans and priorities at a moment’s notice
- Has the capability to manage and prioritise your own workload effectively
- Has the ability to keep calm under pressure and when working to tight deadlines
- Possess first class communication skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively and be a strong team player (but also happy to work alone)