Medical News Today — a part of Healthline Media UK — is a leading healthcare website that sits proudly within the top 5 health information sites in the United States. The site receives more than 30 million unique visitors every month.
The Assistant Editor is an integral part of the MNT team. In this role, you’ll support our Demand Content team, which produces new articles for our clinical content section on the website.
You’ll also contribute input for the growing and evolving production process.
This is a full-time position with the option to work remotely or within our Brighton-based office.
• 1 to 2 years’ relevant professional experience as an editor, preferably in consumer health, medical, or science-related field
• Firm understanding of AP and AMA style, as well as APA formatting
• Experience with American English (our primary audience is based in the US)
• An ability to take complex medical information and relay it in an understandable and relatable way
• A knack for making content flow
• A love of language
• An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, and tone
• Exceptional analytical, research, writing, and editing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as cloud-based workflow programs and CMS
• Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven department
• Creativity and a passion for writing, with sophisticated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude
Why work here?
Want to work for a company that is changing the face of health information and patient engagement? And has a fun company culture, too? Join our diverse Healthline family, where all employees enjoy an amazing work-life balance, fully stocked kitchen (that means free food for everyone!), monthly happy hours, and fun company activities. We're located in the center of Brighton.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Honor Whiteman at Medical News Today.
• Help scope and research keywords, assign articles to freelancers, edit assignments, and enforce deadlines
• Assist editors with any additional work
• Assign content to medical reviewers as needed
• Provide input and suggestions to make the editorial process more streamlined
• Work with the editors to ensure MNT’s format is consistent, reliable, informative, and eye-catching
• Adapt to changing editorial landscape
• Provide feedback to freelancers
• Assist editors with QA of published content