ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 1000+ companies, including market leaders like Bose, WP Engine, Rackspace, Autodesk, and Automattic.
It’s a "software as a service" (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. By providing a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation's broad base of users (both external prospects & customers, and internal groups - like sales, customer care and development), ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
When hiring, we are always on the lookout for ways to hook up with the best and most interesting candidates out there. We go beyond the standard “job ad” approach - attending conferences, setting up and sponsoring local meetups, setting tech challenges (which we pay for) so candidates can see what life is really like at ProdPad, and of course offering flexibility to enable our team to balance their work and personal commitments.
About the Job:
We run 2 week development sprints where you’ll be working on a range of tasks from bug fixes, R&D to new features that excite our customers. As we deploy code twice a week, you’ll likely get to deploy to production at least once a sprint.
You'll get to work with a solid tech stack that includes exciting technologies such as: VueJS, WebSockets, NodeJS, RxJS and EventStore.
The role will include the following activities:
- You'll be working with our development and UX teams in an agile fashion to deliver iterative improvements that we can get in front of customers.
- You'll be continuously improving our core app as it grows including implementing machine learning and other exciting improvements into the product across various areas.
- You'll get to research and implement the best technologies that will allow the product to be fast, responsive, and usable such areas as event stream processing and real-time collaboration. .
- You'll own your code and make sure that it's clear and well maintained to have other developers jump in on as the engineering team grows.
- You’ll be an integral part of the team, enjoying direct input into suggesting and discussion future product developments.
This is not an exhaustive list. One of the many benefits of working at ProdPad is that as a rapidly growing company, there is plenty to put your stamp on within the organisation. If you have ideas - share them, you never know where it might lead!
And of course, you’ll be able to work as a team player across ProdPad, clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with everyone. We use a mixture of great tools (besides ProdPad, of course!) including Slack, email, and occasional meetings at the beach to keep us all on the same page.
Desirable Skills and Experience**
All or any of the below will be of particular interest:
- Mid-level experience in VueJS (or another JS framework)
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- You have ideally worked with GitHub or another version control system
- Any experience with RxJS and/or a familiarity with basic coding patterns
- Any experience or a solid understanding of HTML/CSS
It will be a bonus if you also have any of the following:
- Experience building complex apps
- A portfolio or GitHub repo to show off your great work!
If you tick some of these boxes but not all, that’s okay! If you’re keen to learn we’re here to teach. Let us know in your covering letter why this is the role for you
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan
- Your own choice of kit
- Season ticket loan
- Office snacks
- A good work life balance
- Team social events
Learning and Development:
At ProdPad we actively encourage learning and development in your field, and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other relevant events.
Based in the UK, on the south coast, our office is an easy bus journey from both Brighton and Hove train stations. While this role is based at our Hove office, we operate flexible working arrangements which meet both the team and business need.
Please apply using this link - https://prodpad.workable.com/jobs/1037257
Don't forget to send a covering letter telling us why this is the perfect job for you!
To all recruitment agencies: ProdPad does not accept agency resumes. Please refrain from sending unsolicited resumes to any ProdPad employees.