Performance Marketing Manager
We're blazing a new travel trend having been featured in press globally (including BBC Television, Sydney Morning Herald, The Sunday Times and USA Today) and are very passionate about what we do. Come join us on the journey.
Providing a win-win solution within the global pet care market, our customers love what we offer. The scope for growth is huge. We're a core part of the fast growing peer-to-peer, collaborative consumption market.
We genuinely help enrich lives and we love that! We're a small, but growing team, based by the sea in sunny Brighton, Sussex, UK, with strong values and set ourselves challenging expectations in all that we do. We are offering very competitive salaries plus excellent bonus and benefits.
We’re TrustedHousesitters, the online platform connecting a caring community of home and pet owners with sitters around the world. Joining for one annual fee, our members connect to exchange home and pet care for a place to stay. It’s a money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while the sitters care pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
In the last few years, we’ve achieved a lot. Consistently achieving high year-on-year growth, we’ve doubled from 25 employees to a team of over 50. We’ve moved to our fifth shiny new office based in SPACES, a co-working space in the heart of Brighton. We’ve recently announced funding to help continuously improve our platform, won lots of awards, including Amazon’s Growing Business Award. We have built a strong team culture and are supportive of flexible working.
Despite our rapid growth, our ethos remains the same. We aspire to transform the pet care and travel landscape. We believe we offer the best solution and our team is united by our commitment to delivering an enriching experience for our members and having a positive impact on the lives of their pets. We never lose sight of what makes TrustedHousesitters, trusted. We care hugely about our reputation, we have more five-star reviews on TrustPilot than any other travel or pet company globally.
Calling all Pet Lovers
At TrustedHousesitters, you’ll be part of a pet-passionate, fast-growing team who are all committed to collaborating, constantly improving and having some fun while we’re at it. Sounds exciting right? We think so. If you want the opportunity to be part of that, to create something special, driving change within the pet care and travel landscapes, we’d love to hear from you.
What does the Performance Marketing Manager do?
You have an advanced-level knowledge of Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising, Bing, Apple Search Ads and performance-based ad networks. You are able to lead the paid media strategy as well as running multiple accounts yourself. You won’t be managing agencies - this will be your mission to control, so hands-on experience of these platforms is essential.
You will help guide in-house content marketing efforts in order to maximise the impact they have across performance marketing channels, organic search and product. You’re a specialist, but you understand how performance marketing and paid media fits into the overall marketing mix alongside our brand, content and product teams.
- At least three years’ experience at a hands-on level running PPC and Facebook accounts, either in an agency environment or client-side.
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex, multi-region accounts. Knowledge and experience of dual-sided marketplace businesses is preferable.
- To be able to provide clear insight and recommendations across the company with a simple message that is understood across the board from junior to Exec level.
- Strong analytical skills, embracing the concept of data-driven thinking in all aspects of your work.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools, particularly Google Analytics.
- Experience in app-based ecosystems would be advantageous to any applicant.
- Deep knowledge of ad serving and PPC management tools (e.g., Doubleclick, Marin, DART, Atlas).
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search marketing and measurement.
- Deep knowledge of Facebook attribution models.
- Deep knowledge of building Facebook retargeting audiences, lookalike audiences and building paid social journeys through retargeting.
- Previous experience of running lead generation campaigns through Facebook and Instagram.
- A familiarity with SEO best practice would be useful.
- Plan and execute all paid media activity across multiple markets, taking responsibility for all management tasks, including ad copy testing, bid optimisation, reporting and analysis of performance metrics.
- Work with senior members of the growth, data and marketing teams to use paid media to drive platform liquidity in specific locations/markets.
- Provide guidance for content marketers on how to capitalise on the search demand for pet and travel related queries and regularly provide direction on new content requirements.
- Measure and report on the performance of paid media channels, and assess against channel targets and business objectives (revenue, ROI and other KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimise overall spend and performance based on those insights.
- To provide solid and thought out recommendations that are backed up with data to our product teams to deliver optimisation breakthroughs in our funnels for new customer acquisition.
- Collaborate with the internal team to deliver integrated campaigns that could cross over with Social/PR/Partnerships.
- Of course, we’ll offer you a competitive salary based on your experience, 25 days holiday as standard and a workplace pension scheme.
- Once you’ve passed probation you’ll receive a dedicated travel allowance and time to go sitting, you’re positively encouraged to get away from your desk!
- Stay happy and healthy with our physical health and dental cash plan!
- Great people, know great people. If you recommend someone for a vacancy, and they are successful in their application, you’ll receive £500 once they complete their 3-month probation.
- Getting a new pet? We give you the opportunity to work from home when you welcome a new furry friend to the family and up to £200 towards the rehoming fees if you choose to rescue a dog or cat.
- What better way to stay connected to your fellow team mates. We’ll see you in our break out area on Wednesday afternoons for our weekly Lounge session, where a fully stocked drinks fridge will be waiting for you…
- Stay energised with healthy snacks provided throughout the week.
- With core hours between 10:00-16:00, we want you to have more control over your schedule and working environment. We believe in keeping employees happy.
- And last but not least, you'll get the chance to hang out with the four legged members of the TrustedHousesitters family (aka our office dogs).