Head of Delivery
- Make Real
- Brighton and Hove
- eLearning, Project Management, VR / AR / Mixed Reality
- Contract Type
Do you fancy working for a fun, creative and dynamic company working on challenging and exciting immersive technology projects? If you do, we are looking for people to join us!
We’ve helped many organisations engage users through the design and deployment of immersive digital products, from large screen virtual reality caves serving the construction sector in the UK and Australia, to networked, tablet-based collaborative games, museum exhibits in America and outdoor technology showcases.
Our customers include: EDF Energy, Lloyds Bank, Severn Trent Water, Network Rail, McDonalds, Vodafone, L3, CAE, PwC, EY, Deloitte and many more.
We specialise in creating virtual, augmented and mixed reality applications for learning and entertainment. For over 10 years we have been designing, developing and delivering gaming, education and commercial applications for a wide range of clients and sectors. Over the last four years we have been working closely with the current generation of commercial and consumer-ready VR and AR hardware.
As a growing and exciting business, we are looking for full time talented Head of Delivery to join our expert team in central Brighton.
We are quality conscious and strive to create products that deliver results forusers. Working as part of our existing team of designers, developers and artists, you will take ownership for and coordinate the delivery of all studio output.
You will be responsible for coordinating the production schedule, managing the resources and ensuring products leave the studio on time, on budget and to the high-quality levels we are known for.
Key to the success of the role is ensuring the right team members are available for a project, are briefed accordingly and that people know exactly what they are supposed to be working on at all times.
Being responsible for the whole project life-cycle from post-contract through to delivery, you will be required to work pragmatically with our delivery team to continually manage priorities and raise any risks or potential clashes.
Many of the usual account and project management skills and tasks are required on a day-to-day basis, however, this is not a traditional project management role: our project teams typically handle in-project prioritisation and decision making with the client.
This role is about team and people management, rather than typical and detailed project management.
You will be responsible for ensuring projects are coordinated around each other and the team have the resources they need to progress work. Your careful planning will anticipate any potential resource clashes and work to resolve them before they effect the project or impact the workload of the teams
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Forward planning resource and managing the contractor pool
• Ensuring projects are planned in, kicked off and milestones planned for
• Working with project leads and teams to ensure they remain unblocked
• Ensuring the correct resources are available at the right times
• Advertising and hiring of new team members
• Arranging project kick-off meetings and assign project leads
• Setup project systems e.g. Jira, for the team to take forward
• Regularly communicate the studio schedule to production team members
• Initiate and lead daily team stand-ups
• Work with project leads (and team where appropriate) to ensure budgets are known, and milestones are set
• Regularly checking projects are on track to hit budget and milestones
• Work with finance to track projects against budget
You will be exposed to a wide variety of immersive technology and so, as a growing business and sector, this is an opportunity to be on the forefront of immersive technology.
We value talent, passion and proactivity over qualifications, you should be professional with a commercial and delivery focused sensibility.
To be able to succeed in the role, you should be able to efficiently communicate, coordinate and manage internal stakeholders involved in the delivery process, spotting where issues and conflicts may arise and work to mitigate risks as early as possible.
The following is a high-level list of skills and capabilities you should be able to demonstrate:
• Three years experience in a similar / applicable role
• Strong problem solving and organisational skills
• Clear, proactive and open written/verbal communication and facilitation skills
• Impeccable planning and timekeeping
• Pragmatic negotiation skills
• A commercial mindset
• Confident, creative, conscientious with a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to propose ideas
• Versatile and quick thinking with an inquisitive mind
• Excited and motivated to continually develop your expertise in digital learning products, serious games and emerging technologies
• A passion to develop new innovative solutions for emerging hardware technologies
• Working knowledge of Jira project management software
The technology we work with is continually evolving, while you do not need experience working with immersive technology, an interest and enthusiasm for learning is vital.
Why Work for Make Real
• Health care plan & pension contributions
• Positive fostering of healthy work/life balance
• Energetic growth company at the start of greater things
• Decade of experience and recent investment provides stability
• Innovation and emerging technology key to our success
• Challenging and exciting development partners & environment
• Solutions driven not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it
• Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring
• Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion
Please send CV and short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org