Junior Immersive Learning Designer
- Make Real
- Brighton and Hove
- eLearning, VR / AR / Mixed Reality, Design / Creative
- Contract Type
The team at Make Real are pioneers, explorers and innovators. Our purpose is to inspire, immerse and enable people to grow – at work, at home and on the move.
We make virtual reality experiences, augmented reality apps, collaborative ‘serious games’ and other tools that foster behaviour change and encourage deep learning.
Smart learners, collaborative innovators and self-directed humans are the workforce of the future. We’re here to help organisations connect with them better.
Covering a wide range of sectors, we produce industry-leading virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality learning solutions for some of the world’s largest organisations and most reputable brands, including Honda, EDF Energy, Vodafone, Lloyds Banking Group, Porsche, McDonald’s and many more.
Why Work for Make Real
- Health care plan and pension contributions
- Positive fostering of healthy work//life balance
- Opportunity for growth and professional development
- Energetic growth company at the start of greater things
- Decade of experience and recent investment provides stability
- Innovation and emerging technology key to our success
- Challenging and exciting development partners and environment
- Solutions driven not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion
Make Real is looking to expand our digital learning team with a Junior Immersive Learning Designer.
Your role will be to take on and bring to life the designs set by the Senior Designers. You’ll work closely with a multidisciplinary team to support production throughout the development process. From writing scripts from client content, creating wireframes, proofreading client-facing documents, creating graphics and development briefs and testing builds to ensure their quality, you’ll have the chance to get involved at every stage of the production process.
Excellent communication skills, the ability to organise yourself and others as well as the ability to build rapport with clients are a must for this exciting and varied role.
Day to day:
- Follow designs set by Senior Designers to create scripts, wireframes and user flows for immersive learning experiences
- Drill down into client content to write scripts for immersive experiences that deliver on specific learning objectives
- Hold interviews with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather relevant content
- Work with other members of the design team to help generate and realise original creative ideas
- Translate learning outcomes into engaging and relevant learning experiences
- Proofread client-facing documents
- Test the solutions we develop to ensure they fit the original design and specifications
- Support our multiple disciplinary team to help make sure projects are delivered on-time and in-budget
- Document meeting actions and outcomes and arrange follow-ups to ensure the smooth running of the production process
- Create agendas for client meetings and produce professionally written client communications
- Examples of relevant work (deployed or conceptualised – this could be personal or professional projects)
- Key stakeholder and project management skills
- Time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-managing tasks effectively
- Competencies in the usual Microsoft programs; Word, Excel, etc. Specific knowledge of PowerPoint would be an advantage
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (in particular Photoshop) audio editing and/or Unity development would be a bonus
- Experience of working with enterprise and corporate L&D teams also a bonus
Via email with covering letter and CV
You’re a creative, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a curious mind. You’re looking for a role to kick-start your career in digital learning design within immersive technologies. To succeed in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate that you are:
- An excellent writer with a strong visual sense
- Passionate to design new innovative solutions for emerging hardware technologies
- Commercially minded
- Have strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Confident, highly creative, conscientious with a meticulous attention to detail and have the ability to propose ideas
- Excited and motivated to continually develop your expertise in digital learning products, serious games and emerging technologies
- Versatile and quick thinking with an inquisitive mind
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Actively interested in new and emerging technologies, especially VR and AR
- Have a love of learning theory and the way people learn